Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Why does my 18mo old scream all day?

ima22

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 3:35 pm
Anyone can help with this? Literally all day long, she is kvetchy, clingy and crying. Doesn't mattet if home or out. We went through the allergy thing - sensitive to dairy so we cut that out almost a year ago. Helped a lot back then but now back to screaming. Dr thinks we arw nuts as we are there at least once a week to rule out ear inection etc. Any thoughts or suggestions?

citimom

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 4:10 pm
I could have written this!!! My 17 mo old has been screaming like that for the past 36 hours. Took her to dr. Today but no strep or ear infection. Lets hope she just needs a better nap schedule? More sleep at night?? I feel for you!!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 14 2014, 6:26 pm
Could be sensory overload, teething, who knows... try giving her tylenol/motrin one morning & see if she's calmer, then you knw something's possibly hurting her. or maybe she needs to sleep better?

IMHopinion

Post Wed, Apr 16 2014, 10:54 pm
He wants something but cannot speak!
Offer him drinks, food, sleep, and anything else you can think of.
He's not doing this for nothing.

seeker

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 3:00 am
I know what mine wants. She wants to nurse. Constantly. I have HAD IT!!! And I can no longer wear anything that opens in the front :-p

ima22

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 7:03 am
Good to know I am not alone. Stopped nursing long time ago so that is not it. Sleep situation has been horrible over pesach making things worse. Onky other observation is that the screaming is much worse when she is with me than with dh. Need an infinite amount of patiece....

Ruchel

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 7:30 am
Yup. Want to speak. My kids did that, for months, until they started speaking. It was awful (I'm a migrainer).

amother

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 9:21 am
I also had that w one kid ( even banged his head) and he was having a chronic sinus infection that didn't respond to anti botics. Finally went to an ent and bh it cleared up and his behavior improved. Also trying to teach him words and phrases to express himself better helped.
Good luck!
Anon bec I've discussed this kid a lot IRL.

Applekugel

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 1:07 pm
This is normal for some kids. My husband and I went crazy until she finally outgrew the tantruming! It did take a lot of time and patience. I was constantly putting her in another room to calm down. That usually worked.

Think1st

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 9:47 am
Did it start after a vaccine ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics