Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How's your pesach going so far?

amother

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 2:29 am
How's your pesach going so far? Mine has been hectic, strange and funny so far. My kitchen didn't get turned over until 6:30am Monday morning. Didn't start cooking until 11am, was done by 6pm. My feet have been hurting me a lot, was standing so much Sunday and Monday with all the cleaning & cooking. I was very late getting stuff finished for pesach this year because I'm recovering from a car accident and my DH is also recovering from a back injury. We both work fulltime and we barely have any energy by the time we get home each night.

The Seders we had were quit nice. The first night during the Seder our dining room light suddenly turned off. We have them set on a timer and my DH forgot to change it to a later time. Before we could stop him, my little boy jumps up and turns the light on for us.

I also forgot to tape the bathroom light for yom tov, so my little boy keeps turning on/off the light.

Next Seder was at our friends house. Have a funny story from that. Before we leave I tell my son to use the potty before the walk home. He walks into the bathroom and looks at the sink, very confused. He didn't see the toilet, hidden behind open door, he thought the sink was a toilet and was confused how he was suppose to reach and use it.

Today we had a nice quiet lunch at home. But then I started to not feel well, thought I was getting a UTI based on my symptoms. Tried to wait until yom tov was done to get to urgent care, but didn't happen. Really not feeling well, so broke yom tov to see dr at urgent care. Glad I didn't wait longer. Got right in and meds right away and feeling so much better now.

All this in the last 3-4 days. And I have to work tomorrow and have a physical therapy appt for my injury. And cook for Shabbos tomorrow night. And work again Friday.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 3:07 am
Somewhat depressing. See thread about missing my childhood Seder. I also wasn't finished turning over until Monday, btw... No big deal, nothing I needed to make needed much prep. Put up a large soup and pot roast in the afternoon, ready in plenty of time for shulchan orech. Everything else was even quicker.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 5:59 am
So so. DH is going thru emotional distress right now but we nice sederim anyway. Im cooking, serving, clearing all day, but thats our job. Isnt it? Planning to throw some chicken and potatoes into the crockpot for supper and leave. Dont know yet where buy we do need to get out!

imasinger

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 6:48 am
I didn't pace myself right this year, turned over only a week early, which is late for me, and then had a combination of challenges -- I got the flu one day, had a shaila about my oven that killed another day, etc. The upshot was that I did all the cooking too late, didn't get enough sleep for days, and couldn't push myself to stand by the time of second seder. The family rose to the challenge and took over, but I am still recovering. And today is another cooking and cleanup blitz, plus taking the kids on an outing.

DH and I have some talking to do about a different division of labor.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 7:03 am
We invited families we've never met that were referred by our friends. My friend usually invites them but her family decided to go away this year. Two teenagers from totally secular backgrounds casually took out their I-phones and started snapping photos everywhere, my kitchen, tables, seder plate. We were so taken aback shock Exploding anger took DH some time to compose himself and gently remind our guests not to use phones. I know they didn't mean to offend but the whole evening was really awkward afterwards. The teenagers politely excused themselves after the meal, probably just texting to their friends.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 9:07 am
Spent in the hospital batteling a serious blood infection while preg. Wasn't allowed to eat or drink, was horrifically ill the entire time so dh did the sedarim and I watched as much as I could till I dozed off with fever. Slowly infection is receding, bh but was a strange and difficult few days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics