Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Pony Shaindel-yeshivish?

frumela

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 12:18 pm
Hello Ladies,
The other day I told my friend that I'm thinking of getting a ponytail Shaindel, and she said that it's usually not such a yeshivish look. I live in an open community of all types, so nobody would particularly care what kind of Sheitel I'm wearing. I know everyone would say "just wear what you like, who cares," but at the same time, the community/type that I would classify/associate myself with is the yeshivish derech. Is wearing a ponytail Sheitel yeshivish, or is it a little more modern?
(Don't mean to be judgmental in any way, and I personally don't care what others wear. Just want to know for myself.)

Applekugel

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 12:26 pm
I know some yeshivish pple who wear pony shaitels but I do think that ponies are going out of style. There's nothing not yeshivish about it...As long as it's not too long!!!Smile

frumela

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 1:28 pm
They're going out of style? Didn't know that haha. When are they from, when were they at the peak of their popularity?
I wouldn't get a super long one, just up to the shoulders.
I also said to my friend that I think that it depends on how you wear it. With a black skirt and cardigan and flats, or a jean skirt and flip flops? It's the whole look, not so much the shaitel. Right?
(Again, everyone is free to wear what they like and I am in no way trying to offend anyone.)

Applekugel

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 2:21 pm
The peak was when it started in flatbush. I think about 4 years ago...I think bangs came in next and now theyre onto something else. I cant keep up. If it's not the in thing then u really don't have to worry about not looking yeshivish!!!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 17 2014, 3:45 pm
Depends where you are? OOT I've seen many yeshivish women wear them.
And gotta love autocorrect!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels