Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
My kid needs psychological help but we have no money (NY)

amother

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 10:05 am
We recently lost a close relative and now dc keeps asking me when Hashem is going to hurt dc the way this relative was hurt. We do not have money for a psychologist, and I understand the good ones charge a lot. I think a frum one would be better able to answer questions about why Hashem does things the way He does. Any recommendations?

Liba

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 10:39 am
sounds like a conversation to ask your rav to have with your child.

shirtsandskirts

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 11:09 am
Do you have insurance? If so you can go to one of the clinics. If you say where in NY then we can be more specific.
If you don't have insurance the agencies can give a discounted rate

amother

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 11:20 am
OP. Dc is 4 years old. We are in Manhattan. We do have insurance. Dc also keeps asking when this relative will come back and where the relative is and if the relative is still sick in shamayim and if this relative will feel better when s/he's not niftar anymore. The questions keep coming, and dc was wondering if Paroah is still mean now that he was niftar like our relative and if Hashem is making Paroah be more niftar as a punishment. I'm not sure how to keep answering these same questions over and over again.

penguin

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 1:16 pm
I would call Ohel and/or Chai Lifeline. I think they have some kind of sliding scale.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Apr 18 2014, 2:10 pm
This is a link to Chabad Kids' Zone. It has a "contact us" field in the upper right corner. If you send them an email describing what you said in your post, they might be able to give you some good words to explain things to your four year old. Make sure they know the age of the child when you write.

You have a smart kid. His questions are not childish or crazy. They are entirely natural. Many adults have thought the same things.

I second the idea of consulting your Rav about this. But in private first, with the child not present, so he has a chance to think about how to pitch his thoughts to a four-year-old level.

http://www.chabad.org/kids/def.....s.htm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics