Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Der Ruv un Der Chometz

amother

Post Sun, Apr 20 2014, 7:36 pm
What to do? Der Ruv forgot to sell the Chometz. If you give the shtar chometz to Der Ruv, wouldn't it be considered sold? Or is it his chometz now? What about this chometz for after the yontif?

DrMom

Post Tue, Apr 22 2014, 3:00 am
According to this opinion:
http://www.dinonline.org/2012/.....metz/
the answer deponds on whether you found out about this during Pesach or afterwards.

Why don't you ask your rav what he intends to do about this dilemma? He created the situation, so I would think he would take responsibility and provide guidance to his community on how to deal with this matter.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 10:28 am
Apparently it was only our chometz. He called us and told me to give it to him so he could burn it. Well how exactly would we get into the chometz things over the pesach things without making the pesach things chometdik?

I asked Der Ruv that since the shtar was made to sell it, wouldn't it still be halachically binding?

Now I have to see what's chametz gamur and see if there are any other loopholes that will get us out of this chometz mess.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:35 pm
DrMom wrote:
According to this opinion:
http://www.dinonline.org/2012/.....metz/
the answer deponds on whether you found out about this during Pesach or afterwards.

Why don't you ask your rav what he intends to do about this dilemma? He created the situation, so I would think he would take responsibility and provide guidance to his community on how to deal with this matter.

Thank you. The Ruv is checking into the bittul issue.

Also, I looked into the idea of an agreement that is legally binding with an effective date as being earlier than the date the agreement is made. Thereby allowing me to sell the chometz to a non-jew on chol ha'moed effective from before the actual date of Pesach.

The Ruv is going to look into that too.

In the interim he did offer to compensate for monetary loss. Most importantly it also only would be an issue with anything consumable by people and specifically chometz gamur, I.e. cereal, pasta, and so on.

Oatmeal bath soap won't be eaten so it's okay.

So now I possibly have to clean my house from chometz. Isn't it ironic.

someoneoutthere

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 3:18 pm
If you signed the shtar, gave it to him, but somehow it didnt end up in his pile of papers that he gave to the non-jewish buyer erev pesach, you very possibly do not have an issue at hand, depending on the wording of the shtar mechira he uses. I suggest speaking to another rav with greater experience- like the rav he'd go to to discuss his own issues
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics