Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Please help me, I'm so confused!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Success10

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:26 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Rechovot seems sort of "big city-ish", and I'm hoping for something more small and closer to nature. I don't need to be near any sort of downtown or industrial areas. Part of me wants to go live on a yishuv and milk goats!

So maybe you should check out Yavne'el. Ask your NBN coordinator about it.

Liba

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:27 pm
I have a friend who was also looking for much the same. I sent her the link to this thread.

She can't log on now, but she suggests you check out Moshav Maon and would love to be in touch.

SacN

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:33 pm
It's definitely on the cityish side of things.
We are nature people also, and daydream of a moshav somewhere out there for us.
However, we felt, when we made aliyah (and in general) that the community was more important--the people were the biggest priority.
If everything else sounds good to you, except for Rechovot's urban-ness, I'd urge you to come visit and see for yourself.

Either way, lots of luck!

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 1:55 pm
Check out Bat Ayin, it's a chareidi/BT/not anywhere near the box - type of place. In Gush Ezion. It's about as country as country can be, and there is a very good school in the area your DD may get into if she's eligable for special needs. It's one of the best special ed/mainstream schools in the country. Not chareidi, though, but people are VERY happy with it and move from all over the country to go. There are very few openings for mainstream children, but you might get lucky, and if your DD is indeed SN, that's probably one of the best places to try (Check out Reshit ראשיתp0

Success10

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:03 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Check out Bat Ayin, it's a chareidi/BT/not anywhere near the box - type of place. In Gush Ezion. It's about as country as country can be, and there is a very good school in the area your DD may get into if she's eligable for special needs. It's one of the best special ed/mainstream schools in the country. Not chareidi, though, but people are VERY happy with it and move from all over the country to go. There are very few openings for mainstream children, but you might get lucky, and if your DD is indeed SN, that's probably one of the best places to try (Check out Reshit ראשיתp0

I was also thinking of Bat Ayin for FF, seemed a good fit, spiritually.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:19 pm
The ppl I have spoken to who have moved to karmiel have had very nice things to say. It is a clean well maintained city with lots of parks and greenery. The girls school amichai is small and warm.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:25 pm
http://www.resheet.jedu.org.il.....0.jsp
a link to the school's website
http://www.resheet.jedu.org.il.....32985

http://www.bat-ayin.org/73023/About_Us

בת עין

Last edited by chanchy123 on Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

etky

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:48 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
http://www.resheet.jedu.org.il/BRPortal/br/P100.jsp
a link to the school's website
http://www.resheet.jedu.org.il.....32985

http://www.bat-ayin.org/73023/About_Us

בת עין

I third this!

m in Israel

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 2:55 pm
Success10 wrote:
So maybe you should check out Yavne'el. Ask your NBN coordinator about it.

I don't know Yavne'el well, but I have a close relative living there -- he's American, she's Israeli and her family is from there. If you end up seriously considering it, feel free to PM me for their contact information. I'm sure they'll be glad to help you in any way they can. (They are part of the Breslov community there, but I'm sure they're familiar with the whole area.)

Tamiri

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 3:38 pm
FF, living on a Yishuv = living in suburbia, not milking goats. To milk goats you need to join a Beduioun clan or at the very least a kibbutz or Moshav where they still raise animals.
You did not mention if you need to be close to work, "civilization", shopping etc. Also, without knowing which cities you are referring to, no one is able to let you know if there are hidden sections for more observant people in that city....

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 3:56 pm
Tamiri wrote:
FF, living on a Yishuv = living in suburbia, not milking goats. To milk goats you need to join a Beduioun clan or at the very least a kibbutz or Moshav where they still raise animals.
You did not mention if you need to be close to work, "civilization", shopping etc. Also, without knowing which cities you are referring to, no one is able to let you know if there are hidden sections for more observant people in that city....

Good points. I feel like Goldilocks! This city is too large, this city is too small... I hate to come across as a Picky Princess.

We're sorta Chardal, out of the box Charedi. We're looking for a smallish town, with one or two decent SuperSol's that a person can walk to (not just a makolet). No need for a mega shopping mall. DH travels for work, so parnossa is not such an issue, but being close to mass transit is helpful. Community C (beach town) is right on the rail line to Ben Gurion, so that's a big plus. Neither of us drive, and I can't see either of us learning to drive or affording a car. A decent bus system would be nice, and a taxi service.

DH is yeshivish sort of Chabad, but not moshiast. I'm a BT, with an artsy flair. We both really like Sephardi davening. Healthwise, I need to live someplace I can walk around easily, very little pollution and lots of greenery. I have no desire to live in a desert, so I'm sticking to communities in the North. I don't mind the cold, but I can't tolerate too much heat.

DD has some learning issues, but picks up languages very quickly. She'll need support in math and organizational skills. We think she'll do well in a Dati/Torani school, not coed. She loves Community C, but we haven't checked out the schools here yet, we're waiting for a call back to make an appointment.

Time to get some sleep, more appointments in the morning. I'll be davening for clarity!

boysrus

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 11:01 pm
did you look at maale adumim? it sounds like it might be an option for you. read up on the MA threads here on imamother...
good luck, I have been thinking about you, I remembered that you were taking yur pilot trip now!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 5:18 am
boysrus wrote:
did you look at maale adumim? it sounds like it might be an option for you. read up on the MA threads here on imamother...
good luck, I have been thinking about you, I remembered that you were taking yur pilot trip now!

One of my best friends lives there, so that's always an option.

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 5:47 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm in community C right now, and my health is fantastic. I could really see myself living here, but I'm not sure this is the right place for DH and DD, mostly because of how secular the majority of people are.

On the other hand, the more religious communities would hate me forever if they found out I have two little dogs. Community C has a dog park right next door to the apartment we're looking at, and everyone is super accepting. Then again, how comfortable can we be in a town where most of the people under 30 have tattoos and body piercings, and dress like bums?

Okay, but if you want the pierced and tattooed denizens of Community C to be accepting of you, and not stare at you like you're an alien, then you have to learn to be accepting of them and see past their "body art," KWIM?

Besides, your "community" will probably be your shul and the families that attend your children's schools, etc. As opposed to your neighbors or the people you encounter while walking your dog. Also, I assume that if Community C has a shul and school you like, then not *everyone* there is pierced and tattooed...

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 5:56 am
DrMom wrote:
Okay, but if you want the pierced and tattooed denizens of Community C to be accepting of you, and not stare at you like you're an alien, then you have to learn to be accepting of them and see past their "body art," KWIM?

Besides, your "community" will probably be your shul and the families that attend your children's schools, etc. As opposed to your neighbors or the people you encounter while walking your dog. Also, I assume that if Community C has a shul and school you like, then not *everyone* there is pierced and tattooed...

Thanks for responding, you're always the voice of reason! Hug This is why I love this board. I can have a quiet little panic attack, and you ladies can always talk me down. Smile

You are absolutely right. The only difference between me and the other people around here, is that I cover my pre-BT tattoos with long sleeves and stockings. I guess it's not such a big difference after all, but maybe it is. I don't think I'm thinking very clearly right now. Confused

Anyway, DH is really starting to like Community C, and DD loves it. It's so beautiful here. We're still trying to get ahold of the local Chabad to figure out shabbos hospitality, but they don't answer their phone.

hila

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 6:09 am
If you actually name Community C - maybe one of us can help with hospitality. Where are you this shabbat ? Want to come to Efrat ? We have no guests and my ds is upset that his siblings and their kids are not coming.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 6:27 am
hila wrote:
If you actually name Community C - maybe one of us can help with hospitality. Where are you this shabbat ? Want to come to Efrat ? We have no guests and my ds is upset that his siblings and their kids are not coming.

OK, we're in Nahariya. WAY up north! Thanks so much for the invite, you're really sweet.

DrMom

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 6:31 am
Nahariya is very lovely.

I've only been there on vacation, not to live. We had a hard time locating kosher eateries, but maybe we weren't "in the know" about all the places to eat.

Don't recall a particularly high tattoo ratio...

hila

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 6:39 am
The invite still stands.
I am sorry but I dont know anyone in Nahariya. Lots of Chayalim go thru there by train.

There used to a small community, but now I dont know.

Make sur you go to Rosh Hanikra while you are there

chanchy123

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 7:12 am
OK so I know a few people who live in Nahariya, there is a nice DL community there. Don't know about schools.
I still think you should check out Bat Ayin. Very green, nature, you will be totally at home religiously and schools in the area.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions