Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Size 5 shoes!!!
1  2  Next

mommyofd1

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 5:27 pm
Do you know where to buy nice size 5 shoes for teenagers? most jewish stores don't carry them and if they do they're too expensive and I haven't really found much online for under $80. Thank you!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 5:29 pm
clearance stores ... like marshall's, dsw shoes

Emily2846

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 5:29 pm
Not sure where u live but I have a friend with the same issue. She has a hard time finding shoes. She usually ends up finding in Shoe Palace in boro park.

Kugglegirl

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 5:31 pm
Oh my gosh! We look & look, but they are hard to come by. Sometimes a store can order something, but it really helps to be able to try it on in the right size!!!

Sometimes my teen girl can find one or 2 of them at DSW (Dallas Shoe Warehouse) -- it's a chain, where all the shoes are out & stacked up, but you have to look & search to see if your size is there.

Just daven she should at least grow to be a size 6!!!! That's my plan, anyhow.

happy7

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 5:44 pm
I am size 5. Really hard to come by. Online shopping is really the only way to go. Sites with free shipping/free returns. I was very happy when my daughter got to size 6.

mommyofd1

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 6:03 pm
thanks! she already stopped growing Sad I looked on zappos since its the easiest but she doesn't like any of them. I live in Flatbush so any suggestions there appreciated!

amother

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 6:16 pm
DSW has size 4 and 5. become a member and you get free shipping over $35.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 6:18 pm
my dd#2 wears kids size 3 converse & still on occasion finds a nice grown up feminine shoe - we don't think too much when we see a pair

mommyofd1

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 6:35 pm
thinking of getting her these http://ghbass.com/shop/weejuns......html even though they're expensive because I know they're good quality but her school has a rule that they can't have very bright shoes, are these considered "not tznius bright" by Flatbush schools?

maliza

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 7:10 pm
Nordstoms has a petite shoe sale once a year, I believe. (at least in Garden State Mall). They do try to help the customer. call them and ask to be placed on their mailing list, and if they can order shoes in smaller sizes for you. Zappos' is also a good choice, as suggested. If you are near 5 Towns, there is a store in Cedarhurst that carries small shoe sizes (not sure of the name, tho). If you are looking for shoes under $ 80 -- that certainly limits your options. Shoe companies generally make their sample sizes in a small size, so you can cold-call companies and ask for their sample shoes.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 7:15 pm
I get mine at target and Payless. I sometimes get for my kids from stride rite- they really have a very nice selection, and I think they have bigger sizes too, not just little kid sizes.
And to the person who said shoe palace, I think they are right up there with the rest if the Jewish stores in terms of price, if I'm not mistaken.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 7:24 pm
you can search by sizes

http://www.dsw.com/womens-shoe.....=size

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 7:55 pm
I do well in Aldo's. They carry a lot of size 5, and they are a very narrow cut, which I need

mommyofd1

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 8:35 pm
I was in aldo's today but didn't look like such good quality, what was your experience?

self-actualization

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 10:48 am
I have been a size 5 for all of my adult life. Here are a few tips: the Payless comfort-plus line is awesome for flats and heels. The shoes are comfortable and inexpensive, and they look very stylish (I wear them with designer clothing and never feel like they don't fit the outfit). The problem is that they wear out quickly so you may need to buy new flats every 3-6 months (but they only cost $20 on average per pair).

Other brands I have used - Nine West, Ralph Lauren/Anne Klein (hit or miss on the quality/fit and price is usually around $80) - buy online from Zappos so that you can be assured that they carry size 5. If you go into a store, the stores usually start at size 6 but online you can see the size 5s.

Last tip. If you can wear a shoe with a strap, you might even be able to get away with a 5 1/2 because the strap will keep the shoe on your foot. Before online shopping came around I was wearing a lot of strappy heels in size 5 1/2.

myself

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 10:55 am
mommyofd1 wrote:
thanks! she already stopped growing Sad I looked on zappos since its the easiest but she doesn't like any of them. I live in Flatbush so any suggestions there appreciated!

A friend of mine surprisingly grew a shoe size after her marriage, you can still hope. Wink

mom24.7

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:01 am
I am a size five and am always successful at macys. I also find aerosoles to have mighty comfortable shoes.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:08 am
I thought aldi's was a discount store ... https://www.aldi.us/

Kitten

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 5:31 pm
Look at the clearance section of different stores. They always have a couple of size 5. When I need shoes, I always go to clearance sections/stores and the model I want to get is usually a size 5! Unfortunately, I'm definitely not a 5.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics