Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach is over now I feel lost after all the hard work

blueberries

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:06 pm
For the past month or so I have been working and planing Pesach every day now that it past I feel like I'm lost. Don't know what to do. Back to regular life. How do you deal with all the back forth after Yom Tov? It's getting to me.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:12 pm
you have the after pesach blueberries Wink

blueberries

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 9:19 pm
Yup. Very Happy

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 10:26 pm
I do not have that problem. There is plenty left to do, particularly all the things that I pushed aside because I was focusing on Pesach. Still need to finish taking my chometz stuff back out, then must tackle the laundry, THEN can go on with all that stuff I hid away to tackle "after Pesach." Need to settle some aging doctor bills and stuff like that, make dentist appointments for the summer hopefully because there is always such a waiting list for checkups, papers to file, a zillion assorted business tasks that should have been done months ago, and even when it's not yomtov for some reason these people I live with keep expecting to eat and stuff like that. Nope, hard work not done yet.

boysrus

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 10:52 pm
I can relate! Every year after cleaning up from Pesach, I always spend a few hours thinking 'what am I supposed to be doing now?" no cooking, no cleaning, now what...
dont worry, you will get back into the swing of regular life in no time at all.

Happy 2B

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 11:31 pm
since I didn't spring clean I can always start spring cleaning Smile

boysrus

Post Wed, Apr 23 2014, 11:31 pm
Happy 2B wrote:
since I didn't spring clean I can always start spring cleaning Smile

how true! I didnt bother spring cleaning either this year...

Happy 2B

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 12:22 am
boysrus wrote:
how true! I didnt bother spring cleaning either this year...

I'll race you let's get to work Smile

etky

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 12:45 am
blueberries wrote:
For the past month or so I have been working and planing Pesach every day now that it past I feel like I'm lost. Don't know what to do. Back to regular life. How do you deal with all the back forth after Yom Tov? It's getting to me.

I have this too, twice a year, after the chagim and after Pessach. It's not like I don't have what to do now. I have a huge assignment due soon that I've been putting off until after the chag that I have to tackle. And lots of family/house related things to do too. It's just that I always find these transitions difficult. I also focused very intensely on Pessach and it preoccupied me for the greater part of last month. Now that it's over I'm depleted and finding it hard to refocus on daily life and its demands. I'm used to this though. Sharp changes in the focus and rhythm of life really throw me off. Give yourself a bit of time. In a week or so you will have moved on.

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 3:08 am
Make the most of the feeling - I am always much more productive and tidy in the few weeks after pesach. Time for organizing things, doing random extra projects you've had put aside...although I could do with a good night's sleep. I can still feel the adrenaline...

November

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 4:13 am
I vote for napping.
Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn

mom in france

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 8:23 am
Relax & Go out and do something fun!

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 8:42 am
Start making cheesecake.

self-actualization

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 11:11 am
Two comments - I started having the same feeling right after the 2nd Seder - I've been working manically to clean and cook for Pesach, and it was magnificent, and now what happens? Real life seems like a letdown ...

Also, I agree with the poster that said that the productive feeling lingers - I made a long list of difficult tasks including camp prep for the kids and toilet training for the toddler, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics