Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Appx how much do braces cost in the states?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 5:24 pm
And another question.

I told my dh that's it's a lot more money in the states, so he should stop complaining about the price, but am I right? She's charging for top and bottom, $1650 plus each visit $35. I changed the money to dollars. The dollar is dirt cheap now and has been for a couple of years. It's really a little more, but since we're paying in cash, she's charging a little less.

The other question is, did you ever hear of getting a retainer without getting braces?

GOODMOM

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 5:29 pm
My daughter's braces were $7700. But that's Canada. This is the going price here.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 5:30 pm
my DD started with braces. Actually it's expanders, braces and then retainers for top and bottom. Total is almost $5,000. I heard in brooklyn you can get it for $4,000.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Apr 24 2014, 5:34 pm
Yes, a person can get a retainer without braces to prevent further movement of teeth. An average case of braces in the states costs about $2,000 - $5,000 depending on the doctor. More difficult cases cost more money as do different types of orthodontics.

Some people have children evaluated by an orthodontist at the earliest age possible (5 or 6) to see if the jaw could be manipulated to sit properly rather than just applying braces later in life and moving teeth without being able to fully manipulate the jaw. Doing so would cost more money because it's a specialty of a functional orthodontist (not all people go for that line of thought).

Retainers are important for one's entire life as teeth do shift. Plastic clear top retainers also serve the purpose of protecting against TMJ or grinding which is good!

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Apr 26 2014, 11:47 pm
WHAT?!!?!?!

I am so totally moving back to the UK before ds gets to the age he may need braces!! Mine were totally free!! Apart from the retainers box costing $5 and the special toothbrush at $3!!

And just btw I had two types of retainers then braces then a plastic night retainer afterwards.

boysrus

Post Sat, Apr 26 2014, 11:50 pm
4000 OOT East coast

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 27 2014, 11:25 am
I just finished Invisalyn. It was not cheap. I think it's close to $7000 now

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 27 2014, 12:18 pm
I think my kids were in the proximity of $2000 - but it wasn't so recent

shanie5

Post Sun, Apr 27 2014, 5:47 pm
My first kid was in the $2000 range. My latest one is more like $5000. That includes everything-we don't pay per visit. Only extra would be broken brackets. First few are not extra, after that, there is a charge.

groisamomma

Post Sun, Apr 27 2014, 6:32 pm
The estimate I got for DS was around $2,000 all-inclusive (no co-pay for visits, etc.). Insurance covers it, thankfully.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 27 2014, 7:22 pm
Monsey $5000

boysrus

Post Sun, Apr 27 2014, 7:25 pm
groisamomma wrote:
The estimate I got for DS was around $2,000 all-inclusive (no co-pay for visits, etc.). Insurance covers it, thankfully.

ooh you are lucky, thats cheap! its great that your insurance contributes towards it.
believe it or not, I thought I was going to get lucky too like that with my kid who is now in braces.
we specially started a dental insurance january 2013 which covered about 40% of the braces cost, but then thanks to obamacare aka affordable care act (in my opinion, NOT affordable care act , it has messed up our insurance so badly) our insurance was discontinued at the end of december. the insurance had only paid about $400 of it. so now we have to pay over 90% instead of about 60%. yes I am so mad about it. it is great that you have insurance that covers a lot groisamamma!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics