Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Name of old serial in Mishpacha or Hamodia?

sehmom

Post Sat, Apr 26 2014, 8:40 pm

About 6-7 years ago, either Hamodia or Mishpacha magazine published a serial about a couple in Israel named Goldie and Yisroel Meyer. Yisroel Meyer was becoming a Milchov chassid, much to Goldie's chagrin. Does anyone remember the name of the serial or its author? Was it ever compiled into a book and published? Sorry if it's a really silly question, but I know someone who would love to get the book (if it exists) as a gift. TIA, and shavua tov!

Frenchfry

Post Sat, Apr 26 2014, 8:46 pm
I think the book is called 19 letters or something similar. I'm pretty sure it was in Mishpacha, but that's not what it was called as the serial.

Mama Bear

Post Sat, Apr 26 2014, 9:29 pm
not Hearts of Gold?
I think it was the first serial in Family First....

pause

Post Sat, Apr 26 2014, 9:35 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
not Hearts of Gold?
I think it was the first serial in Family First....

No, Hearts of Gold was about a yungerman who lost all the couple's money in gambling, his wife's need for luxuries, and the repercussions of both of these addictions.

I know which serial op is talking about - it was in the hamodia magazine, but I can't remember the name now.

ETA: It was mishpacha.

Last edited by pause on Sat, Apr 26 2014, 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

pause

Post Sat, Apr 26 2014, 9:41 pm
Here you go. Google to the rescue:

http://www.breslev.co.il/store.....glish

sehmom

Post Sun, Apr 27 2014, 6:39 am
OP here. Thanks so much, you guys! I followed the link and even found the book on Amazon. You all are the best!

morahtikvah

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 9:58 am
Thanks for this thread. I read some of it when it was in Family First, and was recently thinking about it. Now I know I can finish it.

Tante Elisheva

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 6:10 pm
If you did not find it, it is '22 Promises' by Naama. Published 2009 Rubinstain Publishing with imprinter from Mishpocha Jewish Family Weekly.
I had a hard time getting through it, but in the end I felt it was an extremely important message: We need to value our spouses for who they are and see their goodness. We need to let go of preconceived notions of who they are supposed to be.
This book touches on something that concerns me: Unwittingly our wonderful girls' schools/Bais Yaakov teachers teach one way as the 'right way'. Chas v'Shalom the young lady marries someone who deviates from this and young woman feels like she is a failure, missing the fact that she has a wonderful spouse. Even those schools and families that are very accepting of others, don't realize that they may have family standards that may not be the standards of their children's spouses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room