Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Babysitter going through my stuff!
1  2  Next

mameleh

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 11:15 pm
I recently hired a teenage girl from my block to babysit and when I came home I noticed my bedroom closet open. I know for sure that it was closed when I left so obviously she was poking around my closet. I mentioned to her mother that some babysitters go through peoples things and she replied that she is very careful to only send her daughters to people that she knows so that they shouldn't see anything unkosher. She never thought of telling them not to look through other peoples things!!

Squash

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 11:18 pm
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And I always thought I was a bit paranoid for locking my bedroom door when I get a babysitter.........

mirisimma

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 11:22 pm
sheesh, sketcy. netx time hire soemone form the next block over Smile or leave her a note in your closet "hi, whatcha doin' in here?"

Squash

Post Mon, Apr 23 2007, 11:23 pm
mirisimma wrote:
sheesh, sketcy. netx time hire soemone form the next block over Smile or leave her a note in your closet "hi, whatcha doin' in here?"

Rolling Laughter

amother

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 12:17 am
I had my babysitters mother going through my stuff. When I came home from a wedding I was shocked to see her mother there..And she told me..Oh I was going through your stuff

busylady

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 12:49 am
I don't know if my babysitter goes through my stuff or not, but even just knowing she was in my bedroom (to get my kids dressed in the morning, or put my baby to sleep) makes me nervous. I feel like its such an invasion of privacy, but I don't really have a choice-Hey, you trust these ppl. with your kids, and you just have to hope that they know their limits

ChavieK

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 12:39 pm
When the babyitters mom said she was going through your stuff what did you say?

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 12:43 pm
Squash wrote:
mirisimma wrote:

Rolling Laughter

Nervous - you got me too!

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 12:45 pm
come on now didn't you ever look in someones medicine cabinets in the bathroom for curiosity - I agree the bedroom is too much

Mishie

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 1:22 pm
I also lock my bedroom door when I hire a babysitter!!

Some teenaged girls are SO nosy! and I find that when they bring a friend (or sister) along, it's even worse!!!!

Squash

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 1:50 pm
I lock my door wether it's a teenager or a middle aged woman. I feel better that way. My privacy is very important to me.

shopaholic

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 10:21 am
When I would babysit, I only went through the kitchen cabinets to see if they had any good foor. I'd feel very uncomfortable going through anything else.

chen

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 12:11 pm
There are certain facts of life, and one of them is any household help, be it cleaning lady or teen sitter, will go through your stuff to some degree. This can range from checking out the kitchen cabinets (with or without helping themselves to the contents) to reading your diary to rummaging in your closet. anything you want to protect from prying eyes, lock up.

newmom

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 9:17 pm
it never even crossed my mind to think that my BY babysitter would ever go through my stuff. Hmmm.....food for thought.

miriam

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 9:21 pm
mirisimma wrote:

I love this one!!!! Have you ever needed to do this?

GAMZu

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 10:10 pm
I'd look through photo albums when bored.
I could never lock my bedroom cuz the baby sleeps there and most of his stuff is there, too.

chen

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 7:45 am
GAMZu wrote:
I could never lock my bedroom cuz the baby sleeps there and most of his stuff is there, too.

"Course not. But you can get a little suitcase or storage file and lock up your diary, contraceptives or fertility drugs, medications, check register, love letters, jewelry, pictures of yourself at age 14 with braces, acne, owl glasses and an Afro, TH calendar, secret recipe for chocoalte chip macadamia brittle, etc.

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 12:48 pm
chen wrote:
GAMZu wrote:

"Course not. But you can get a little suitcase or storage file and lock up your diary, contraceptives or fertility drugs, medications, check register, love letters, jewelry, pictures of yourself at age 14 with braces, acne, owl glasses and an Afro, TH calendar, secret recipe for chocoalte chip macadamia brittle, etc.

good post. I like the locking up the 14 year old pics:)

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:23 pm
I almost never went out at night with little kids, but during the workday, I always took them OUT to be babysat!!!

amother

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 2:51 pm
I usually keep my bedroom door locked when we go out, but the other night DH went back in for something and forgot to lock it again. Our babysitter is in the shidduch parsha right now. This morning DD told me the babysitter tried on my snoods, sheitels, bandanas and scarves. She is a BT, so she really doesn't have a mother or sister to show her anything, I can understand how she would be so curious. So do I say anything? I am also really annoyed b/c I just had my shabbos one washed and it was on the head with all the pins keeping the bangs with the right wave, and sure enough when I went to check, she put it back on the head crooked - some of the bangs had even got tucked under the sheitel.

Since I don't want this post reported - anon because she babysits for many women in my community and if you knew who I was you would know which community and which girl.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette