Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
What do you eat with your coffee?

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 12:46 pm
To all of you who need that small chocolate square or piece of cake with your coffee, can you suggest something healthy and low calorie?
I can't get used to having just a coffee, but I cannot afford the extra sugar/carb hat I eat along with it!

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 12:49 pm
A piece of dark chocolate? You can also make some yummy scones with blueberries and ww flour that don't even need sugar to taste good.

sky

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 12:54 pm
Banana
Greek Yogurt.
biscotti

chani8

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 12:56 pm
It took a long time and slow weaning but I'm finally off eating something with my coffee. It's still a struggle, I must say. But I've heard that if I can last for 21 days. I'll have overcome the bad habit and replaced it with this new habit.

What time are you taking this coffee? Is it your breakfast? Do you eat three meals a day otherwise?

I agree that chocolate and cake are problematic, but then again, it really depends how much you're eating the rest of the day. I know people (on myfitnesspal.com) who set aside enough calories for a candy bar or ice cream every.single.day. So maybe you'd rather cut out rice or potatoes for dinner and keep your chocolate?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 1:05 pm
I just started eating pb&j on lite whole wheat: filling and sweet and makes me happy Smile

RachelB

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 1:23 pm
This http://www.food.com/recipe/big.....58087
I make a bug batch and freeze it after cutting into squares.

etky

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 1:27 pm
I keep a variety of granola type bars in the house to have with my coffee.
They average 85-120 calories a bar- much less than a piece of cake -and some are fortified with calcium and other nutrients.
I also sometimes have thinly spread peanut butter on a biscuit or low-calorie cracker.

mandksima

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 1:32 pm
I'm a tea drinker personally but I eat healthy chocolate donuts, what else?
healthy chocolate donuts

I have posted these a few times but even those who aren't looking for a healthy alternative say these are great, especially cold!

rachelbg

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 6:36 pm
My coffee in the morning is for breakfast. I always have it (either hot or iced, depending on the season) with a toasted whole-wheat, low-fat peanut butter sandwich. YUM. When I'm really hungry I'll eat two.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 7:01 pm
if coffee is in the am ... it goes well with breakfast - think some sort of eggs with some sort of bread

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 7:12 pm
chani8 wrote:
It took a long time and slow weaning but I'm finally off eating something with my coffee. It's still a struggle, I must say. But I've heard that if I can last for 21 days. I'll have overcome the bad habit and replaced it with this new habit.

What time are you taking this coffee? Is it your breakfast? Do you eat three meals a day otherwise?

I agree that chocolate and cake are problematic, but then again, it really depends how much you're eating the rest of the day. I know people (on myfitnesspal.com) who set aside enough calories for a candy bar or ice cream every.single.day. So maybe you'd rather cut out rice or potatoes for dinner and keep your chocolate?

I set aside calories for wine. every. single. day.

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 7:13 pm
chani8 wrote:

I set aside calories for wine. every. single. day.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 7:23 pm
Twice, apparently Wink

Fave

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 7:28 pm
I always have a batch of sugar/wheat free oat muffin (made with real fruit like dates and unsweetened applesauce)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking