Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Underwear just slightly wet

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 12:01 pm
My son has been doing fairly well on the toilet recently, except the past couple days he always seems to get there a half second too late. His underwear end up just the slightest bit damp.
Do you think its really neccesary to change his underwear each time this happens? If so, I think I may need to buy another package or 2

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 12:22 pm
so buy another package or 2 or maybe even 3 - wet underwear could lead to a rash ...

Ima'la

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 9:58 pm
Happens to ds too - I don't bother to change it - such a pain - have to take off pants first....and to do that need to take of shoes first....then put it all back on. I'd probably be quicker to change him if he were a girl with a skirt! Also, he didn't complain about it, which made me less inclined to bother. B"H, it's getting better, though.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 10:46 pm
I would only change him if it's pretty wet. A little wet hopefully shouldn't bother him.
good luck!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 12:19 am
yeah men are slobs anyway ... train em early

mumoo

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 12:28 am
if it becomes irritated, that's when you explain why he needs to go sooner.
dd was the same, it gets better, as they learn the body signals better. remember they're new at this game

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 8:57 am
Thanks all for the advice. He was a big boy this morning and woke up to tell me he had to go (of course his nighttime diaper had been soaked through anyways, but hey, its a step)

Im actually quite pleased. Its been 2 weeks since it 'clicked' for him and he quickly progressed from using the potty insert on the toliet, to no insert, and now he is standing.

Although my bathroom has never been dirtier.

It is so cute though. Last week while I was having him wash his hands he started to make a bracha. I explained that we dont make a bracha in the bathroom, so he looked up at me and asked "whats the bracha?" he knew there had to be something and wanted to learn!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training