Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Bed sheets worn out. buy new sheets or whole new linen set?

hanna2010

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 5:35 pm
I have 3 sets of linen all in nice shape except for fitted sheets which are completely worn out. Can I replace the sheets only by purchasing solid colored sheets or do I need to buy completely new linen?
Is it more sensible to purchase new or will just the sheets be cheaper?
Also, not sure where to get just sheets. I looked around online but not easy to find

imamazing

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 5:38 pm
you can go into a custom linen shop like elegant linen in bp or Lakewood and they can make you fitted sheets in many different types of fabrics. I did that for I think under $100 for 2 48 inch sheets. Much cheaper than a new linen set

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 5:39 pm
If the rest of the set is still in good condition, of course new sheets would make sense. I have done it more than once.
Where do you live and what size mattresses do you have? I can recommend some places to buy.

joyful mom

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 5:44 pm
I bought sheets in a local linen store without buying a whole set. Although the sheets were not cheap it was still more affordable for me than to buy a complete set.

hanna2010

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 5:55 pm
I live in midwest. No stores here that I know of but will be in lakewood in a few weeks. I have regular twin size mattresses.

mochacoffee

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 6:26 pm
I did that and I'm very happy I did. The rest of the set was in perfect condition and I didn't want to spend money on buying a whole new set. I went to target (you can probably order online) and matched a nice solid color to the rest of the set. I didn't buy cheap sheets, I splurged for a better set of sheets, they're very soft and comfortable and came out much cheaper than buying a new set.

sky

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 6:35 pm
I often replace sheets before the rest of the set. Its much more economical then buying a full set.

Eishes Chaim

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 6:53 pm
I would replace the sheets and get a solid color to go. I love the look of a set that's not completely all matching (which I kind of find boring) the sheet adds a dimension!
Good luck!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 7:03 pm
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....heets

b from nj

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 7:06 pm
hanna2010 wrote:
I live in midwest. No stores here that I know of but will be in lakewood in a few weeks. I have regular twin size mattresses.

What about getting solid color sheets that coordinate with your set from a store like Target, Sears, Kohls or the like?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 30 2014, 7:10 pm
hanna2010 wrote:

Twin size mattresses are easy to shop for Smile
Overstock.com has fitted sheet sets starting at $20/$30 a bed. Set includes 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet and 1 pillowcase. Find something that coordinates with the sets you already have.
Happy shopping!

Iymnok

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 1:50 am
Take the pillowcase with you to ensure a good match.

Linen sets often come with a different design on the sheets, combining both on the pilowcase

lfab

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 6:17 am
Just did this recently. Replaced just the sheets as it was much cheaper than a whole new set. If you can't find only a fitted sheet look for a sheet set. These usually come with a fitted sheet, flat sheet, and pillowcase. I got mine for around $40 per set at either marshall's or TJ Maxx (so around $80 for the 2 beds). You can also look at bedbathandbeyond, target, walmart, etc. depending what stores are in your area.

busydev

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 6:29 am
if you have regular sized beds (not 48") then go to target or bed bath and beyond and buy plain fitted sheets that go with your set (match a color in your set) those stores should be available in the midwest. I would also say best to go in person so you can feel the sheet to know what you are getting.

greenfire

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 6:33 am
greenfire wrote:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/wamsutta-reg-perfect-pinpoint-open-stock-sheets/114943?Keyword=twin+fitted+sheets

HELLO - clearance she'be'clearance - $10.49 for a twin fitted sheet !!!

Henya

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 10:06 am
Ikea has beautiful linens for reasonable prices.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....2739/

They also have other colors for $7.99

mfb

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 11:01 am
Henya wrote:
Ikea has beautiful linens for reasonable prices.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....2739/

They also have other colors for $7.99

You might want to look for something that's 100 percent cotton as opposed to cotton/poly

Henya

Post Thu, May 01 2014, 11:32 am
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....6503/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics