Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
We had guests use my apartment and
1  2  Next

working hard

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 7:39 am
We came back to find the toilet out of its hole. I am having a hard time understanding this one! (Never mind the fact that we have to repair it!) and we do not have another bathroom.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 7:41 am
Wow. I guess you can start by calling them and asking them that you need to tell the plumber what happened, so, what happened?

greenfire

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 7:53 am
okay - that's definitely unique ... unless he's a plumber or handy person & decided you needed it fixed - or a kid threw something inside that he needed to fish out ...

either way - they should be putting it back together - like yesterday [okay it was shabbos maybe they're trying to find a plumber this morning]

oh - please keep us apprised & fill in the blanks

the toilet bowl probably has a lot of secrets - it only it could talk

working hard

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 7:54 am
Brilliant! Thank you for the idea. I was wondering what to do. I will try it and let you know.

black and white

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 8:19 am
Wow op, this one should be added to the worst guest experiences thread.
Keep us posted what happened.

working hard

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 10:30 am
OP here. I called them up. Before I had a chance to say anything, I heard an explosion of words basically consisting of "We did not do anything... It was like that when we came... it was a mistake.... on and on and on. I had not even told her what I was calling about. I used pink fridge's idea and asked her how it happened to know how to repair it. She said she does not know, is not responsible, and hung up the phone.
What next?
Although, end of story, I do not think the amount of money is worth making a fuss over. It is more than we have in our budget but we can swallow it and that is better than causing a fight and hard feelings.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 10:41 am
wow - talk about rude ...

but it's not that hard to put back together - you need only buy a new wax ring which seals the water & odor into the sewer pipe ... scrape the old wax off the floor ... replace ring & then toilet over the ring & screw it down with the bolts

the trick is you need 2 people very slowly & carefully to lift toilet making sure not to break it as you align the holes on the ceramic bottom to the bolts jarring out from the flange

similar to this - but make sure the size is correct

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Flu.....Zc6a1

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Flu.....Zc6a1

daagahminayin

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 10:45 am
This is such a weird story! OP well done for taking a mature approach to all of this.

tiredmommy

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 10:46 am
Their reaction is unbelievable shock
That is really obnoxious. And immature. It goes without saying that you should never let them use your apartment again! And I am impressed that you are taking the high road. Just don't let them take advantage of you next time...

mfb

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 10:47 am
Wow I'm shocked!!
I would probably swallow it for now, but definitely never ever give the apartment to them again. If you can't own up for damage done, you can't stay by my house. Exploding anger

mom4many

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 10:55 am
So NOT FUNNY to come back to, but it is such a WACKY story - you'll be laughing about it for years later...

morah

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 11:03 am
That's insane! Though one question- do you know these people well, or did someone else send them your way? If the former, the best you can do is never invite them again. If the latter, you should let whomever sent them to you know so they don't foist them on any other poor unsuspecting souls.

greenfire

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 11:04 am
btw ~ send them the bill ...

naturalmom5

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 11:13 am
Sorry for hijacking thread
Greenfire, I hope you aren't offended, I mean it as a compliment.
I am asking because I am in a similar financial matzav as you and my husband is like you

You are so talented and know how to do so many things well, and yet are struggling so much financially . Why
I ask is because I am trying to understand my husband
He is a whiz in computers, teaching , understanding finance, figuring out how things work . And yet he can't seem to make a living

greenfire

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 11:33 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Sorry for hijacking thread
Greenfire, I hope you aren't offended, I mean it as a compliment.
I am asking because I am in a similar financial matzav as you and my husband is like you

You are so talented and know how to do so many things well, and yet are struggling so much financially . Why
I ask is because I am trying to understand my husband
He is a whiz in computers, teaching , understanding finance, figuring out how things work . And yet he can't seem to make a living

no 2 situations are ever alike - even if similar ... if you'd like to hear the hard truth pm me privately [although I'm sure it's strewn somewhere about this website along with the rest of my life]

amother

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 12:56 pm
mom4many wrote:
So NOT FUNNY to come back to, but it is such a WACKY story - you'll be laughing about it for years later...

I am laughing about it now.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 1:01 pm
Laughing about it now? You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din Not worthy Salut

greenfire

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 1:04 pm
I gather the bowl is back up & ready to piss in ...

Happy18

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 1:04 pm
Weirdest guest story! Like others said, never host these people again and if someone asked you to host them you should really tell them so they don't place these people in someone else's home.

amother

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 1:45 pm
So weird! Oddly enough, I know someone else week had the same thing happen with a Shabbos guest. I can't even imagine what happened in either case.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics