Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Anyone bought a Laptop at Costco? Feedback?

Mevater

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 5:08 pm
Anyone bought a Laptop at Costco? Feedback? Anything I ought to know? Pluses, nminuses...

theoneandonly

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 5:18 pm
My current laptop and my old laptop are from Costco. I have had no issues with either of them.

Mevater

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 9:06 pm
Thanks. A big plus is being able to return it if you dont like it (Im not sure if its 30 or 90 days), to any Costco store, with no restocking fee.

papermageling

Post Sun, May 04 2014, 10:56 pm
Costco should have a good return policy and fair prices (they're not always the best deal, but the prices aren't going to be *bad* either). But a lot of your experience with the computer is going to depend more on the computer itself.

I don't recommend buying an HP or Acer laptop (the keyboards tend to break, and the hinges can fail, and it's very annoying. They don't hold up well). Dell and Toshiba are better, but I've still seen issues with them. Alienware is hilariously overpriced.

My all time favorite are Lenovo Thinkpads (they'll survive a beating and they take customer service seriously... I know someone who got hers replaced after she left it outside in the rain), but Costco only has Lenovo Ideapads. I've still heard good things about Ideapads, but they aren't clutzproof the way Thinkpads are (Thinkpads survive falling onto tile, spills, and sometimes even getting run over by cars). So, of the options there, I would recommend a Lenovo Ideapad.

What are you usage requirements for the laptop?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics