Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Forgot to come home
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Ima'la

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 9:57 pm
Is she home yet? Didn't you once say that she s/t goes to her dad w/o telling you? Or was that a different dd? {{{HUGS}}}

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 10:02 pm
Ima'la - dif older dd and yes she finally told me she is by dad ... but called her to see if she knew where mid dd is ... didn't answer ... still isn't home

mimivan

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 10:27 pm
Davening for a safe return.

Last edited by mimivan on Tue, Apr 24 2007, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ima'la

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 10:36 pm
oy...I'm sorry you're going through this...I said a kapitle tehillim...dd bas greenfire?....Hashem knows...hope she comes home safe soon...

rainbow

Post Tue, Apr 24 2007, 10:45 pm
Green? Any news?

Ima'la

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 2:13 am
Is she home yet? Should we stop asking - does it make you more nervous? I hope you're both asleep in your beds now!

Aimee

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 2:32 am
Green, if you want someone else to talk to her, I will too. I grew up in Cleveland, and did a lot of the stupid, dangerous stuff it sounds like she's doing. If you think she'll be more receptive, or you just can't handle it, I'll give you my number. I wish I could say something comforting, but I know nothing will, except for the whole thing to have not happened. I'm omw to work but I'll be davening all day - good luck!

brooklyn

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 3:53 am
Green, Did she get home safe? Wow, Can't imagine what you are going through. ((((HUGS))))

Mishie

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 5:22 am

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 5:26 am
sorry - I turned off my computer and went to bed clutching a tehillim close to my heart ... she finally walked in at about 1:30 am ... said nothing ... I asked where she was - why didn't she call - was worried past curfew, etc. ... she said I don't need to call - was not near a phone - it's none of your business - I'm hungry - leave me alone ... I said you need to call out of common courtesy if nothing else because I was worried and couldn't sleep ...

I finally fell asleep ... and she never got up for school - what another lovely day ...

thanks y'all for being there in my frustration and fear ...

mimivan

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 5:38 am
Green:
Can't help noticing, but doesn't this happen quite frequently? Has anyone given you tips on what to do? What an emotional rollercoaster! I wouldn't know how to handle it-- I hope moshiach comes before my kids are teenagers. Would "tough love" (whatever that really means) help?

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 5:45 am
it certainly happens more than I would like ... and like I said with the spring "teens" hang out and so this season apparently has started once again ... I have 2 such girls ... and with great difficulty if the professionals have not been able to help ... who am I ... I have tried everything ...

after a while one of two things happen ... of total opposite extremes ... either I don't let it bother me at all ... or even the little things give me major anxiety when dealing with them ... such is life ... and do not worry about your teens ... even though there is a norm of defiance in every teen my kids are over the norm

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 6:30 am
There are new cell phones, for kids/teens, with tracking divices..

Watches also with tracking...

It's one of the things, that I will have to purchase the day my ex is allowed overnights again... G-d forbid it ever happens, but there's always that chance.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 6:35 am
if anybody wants to buy my dd a cell phone - Im sure it will be used ... but the reality it is not a one time cost ... there would be a bill like every month ... so ... and it could always be turned off ... do we gain ... maybe a little peace of mind ... if I could reach her ...

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 10:08 am
Have you tried telling her if she doesn't call or tell you when she comes back, she will be forbidden to go out? It would have worked with me..... I wasn't allowed to stay out after 8 pm or so anyway...

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 10:38 am
wouldn't work ... but thanks ... especially if she disappears straight from school ... although sometimes I do feel like a warden it however is not to a prison but to a wacky ward ...

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 11:09 am
Have you tried telling her how you feel when she does it? or even writing a letter? maybe she would be touched and be more careful....

Ima'la

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 11:13 am
green, glad she's home safe....sorry you had another night like that....g'luck!

rainbow

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 3:14 pm
{{{{Green}}}}}} I have nothing else to say...this must be so hard....there's only a certain amount that we as mothers can do.....I feel relieved she's home.

3Qts

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 3:17 pm
You can get a prepaid phone. Its $19.99 for 120 Minutes. Thats more then enough for calls to let you know where she is. www.tracfone.com
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children