Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Strept again!!! - no tonsils!

mykidsareheaven

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 6:57 am
My 8 year old son had his tonsils removed in July - he has a crzy amount of strept till finally his strept didn't even go away so they removed his tonsils - since then he had strept 3 times I'm going crzy anyone had this with Their kids?

Pineapple

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 7:02 am
Do you change his toothbrush often?

Scrabble123

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 7:15 am
Removing your tonsils does not protect you against strep throat. Step bacteria can live in the pharynx as well. You cannot get tonsillitis without tonsils because that means a tonsil infection which can be bacterial or viral. Having your tonsils removed will never prevent a sore throat or an infection in your throat. It only helps to prevent enlargement of the lymphoid tissue (Tonsils) during an infection that can cause pain and difficulty with breathing and swallowing.

BTW many people are healthy carriers of Strep throat, so when they get another virus and are tested for strep it comes back positive, even though their strep may be asymptomatic and harmless.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 8:25 am
I didn't get strep for 13 years after my tonsillectomy. Actually, strep wasn't the culprit, ear infections were. I mean, I wasn't on antibiotics for anything for 13 years. How that happened could be largely due to my mother not taking us to the dr. as often as I took my kids - I may have had it once or twice, takeh.

Here's some advice: when your kids, especially this child, are on antibiotics again, use acidopholous. Maybe have your child take vitamin C on a regular basis - this, check with your dr. Be vigilant about toothbrushes. Don't get your child neurotic but this one should be a bit more careful about sharing food, using Peurell or the like as he's susceptible. Hope this helps!

malksters

Post Mon, May 05 2014, 8:27 am
Did the doctor check all other family members to see if one is a carrier? Could be someone in your house is carrying strep and constantly infecting your son.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 19 2014, 8:15 pm
was wondering if u figured it out op? im going throught the exact same trouble

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Nov 20 2014, 3:46 am
My ds had his tonsils removed because he had sinus infections all the time. He has had strep since then, as well as more sinus infections. They are just less frequent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children