Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
How to serve deckel with sauce on shabbos

EMmom

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 9:12 am
Is there a way to serve a deckel cut meat with a sauce on shabbos that isn't so cold? Can I warm it up without the sauce and then pour the room temperature sauce wen I serve? Any other ideas?

Tia!

black and white

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 9:23 am
I make deckel all the time.
After you boil it until tender put it into a ziploc bag. Before Shabbos I put it on top of a pot like the chicken soup pot (on the lid) and keep turning it so both sides get warm
I make a sweet sauce that stays on the blech(warming tray) and only slice before serving
Enjoy

black and white

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 9:33 am
I just realized that you are asking about serving it Shabbos morning so you do the same thing put it on top of a pot thats on the blech already or if you make cholent on a crock pot put the bag of deckel on top of the cover(not inside). Keep turning from time to time . Also the glaze I make I put it on Erev shabbos and it tickens until I serve.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 10:05 am
just take it out of the fridge before shul - by the time you come home it will be room temperature & quite delicious ... it does not need to be hot

staten islander

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 10:10 am
Ladies, never allow anything that's in plastic to get warm.So heating food in a zip lock bag is a big health concern

black and white

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 11:55 am
so what about people who use plastic liners for their crockpot, is that safe?

EMmom

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 1:12 pm
thanks black & white! if the meat is cooked in the sauce - do I need to warm the meat up separately above the crockpot and take it out of the sauce? its not a glaze so I dont have that option
thanks

black and white

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 1:32 pm
I dont see why you shouldn't be able to keep the sauce with the meat.
Make sure the lid of the pot is wide enough to accomodate the meat so it doesn' t slip down.
Just before serving cut against the grain and pour sauce on top.
I actually put the glaze on the side in a gravy dish for those who don't like it.
Tip: I like the meat really hot, not room temperature so I even add a kitchen towel to cover the meat on top of the pot it serves as added insulation.
Keep an eye on it.
I dont do this when I go to shul or a simcha.

studying_torah

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 7:42 pm
if it has a sauce, can it go onto a hot plate? I thought only dry food can be reheated on a hotplate. also, can cold food go onto the blech? again, I always thought the answer was no.....
and lastly- what exactly is a deckel? embarrassed

black and white

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 8:53 pm
No liquid sauce could go on a blech thats why I put it on before shabbos and it stays until I serve.
But if the liquid is not directly onto the blech its ok

studying_torah

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 9:36 pm
I meant for shabbos day- I assume you can't take the cold meat and put it onto the blech, can you?

black and white

Post Wed, May 07 2014, 9:40 pm
No you cannot. Re read my post
Its says put the brisket on top of a pot that was already on the blech( lay it on the lid of the pot) so it is NOT directly onto the blech

studying_torah

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 9:18 am
I misread your post.... Sorry bout that!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics