Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
ISO new dips -something different
1  2  Next

AhavatYisrael

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 1:05 pm
I'm getting bored of my usual dips and am looking for something different. I've already searched through old threads but haven't seen anything that catches my eye.
Also, I'm looking for recipes that are max. 2 steps, without any expensive or random ingredients and that I can make in bulk and freeze.

I already make hummus, techina, eggplant (sauteed -my family won't eat it any other way), matboucha, olive dip, beets, fake liver, and mushroom.

Any ideas?

mirel1

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 1:21 pm
you can try dill dip its really easy!
buy frozen dill squares

4 dill cubes crushed
1/8 tsp sugar
1/8tsp salt
1/4 tsp lemon
1/4 tsp garlic
6 tbsp mayo

Olive dip
olives in a food processor add mayo and some spices

Pineapple

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 2:19 pm
Tomato
Onion
Bean

justmarried:)

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 2:51 pm
Roasted pepper dip-slice peppers in half and put in oven till soft then blend in blender with some spices and soon of oil.

Pepper dip- cut peppers into small pieces. Sauté peppers with some crushed garlic. Then add tomato sauce some sugar and salt to taste.

mominlkwd

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 2:58 pm
Could I get your matbucha dip? I've been trying to find one for a while!
Thanks

anotherima

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 3:13 pm
I just made matboucha.
From my son in law
A little oil on bottom of a pot
Five cut up tomatoes
Half green pepper
Two jalapeño peppers
Whole head of garlic minced
Paprika
One teaspoon salt
Cook for at least two hours simmering till water boils out. It's spicy you can do less hot peppers or take out the seeds which is the hot part. good luck!

mamaleh

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 3:29 pm
AhavatYisrael wrote:
I'm getting bored of my usual dips and am looking for something different. I've already searched through old threads but haven't seen anything that catches my eye.
Also, I'm looking for recipes that are max. 2 steps, without any expensive or random ingredients and that I can make in bulk and freeze.

I already make hummus, techina, eggplant (sauteed -my family won't eat it any other way), matboucha, olive dip, beets, fake liver, and mushroom.

Any ideas?

Can I have your fake liver recipe, please?

Raisin

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 3:36 pm
I made this last week and it was delicious. A nice twist on regular chummous.

http://www.marthastewart.com/8.....ummus

Simple1

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 3:39 pm
Tomato dip such as this: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....o+dip

Iced Cappuccino

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 4:18 pm
Did you try the garlic dip from fresh and easy? Its always a winner here.
Can you post your mushroom recipe?

November

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 4:24 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Tomato dip such as this: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....o+dip

My family loved this tomato and garlic dip on Pesach. I really want to make it again but don't have a non-Pesach food processor ... yet. Am looking around.

pumpernickle

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 4:34 pm
I make a red pepper dip by blending red peppers, some mayo, garlic, salt, dash of sugar and crushed red peppers. It's yummy and can be made using different colored peppers to match your theme.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 5:21 pm
Spinach & garlic dip.
Avocado'& garlic dip.
Jalapeño pepper dip.
Garlic dip.
Dill dip.
Mushroom dip.
Plain mayo is also a good dip.
(Blend and Add mayo to all of these)

Then here is a salad that's great slice half moons of avocado. Then a layer of purple onion. Sprinkle a lot of paprika and pepper and a little salt. Add vegetable oil. The another layer of half moon avocado, half moon purple onion, spices again, etc etc each layer is one avocado and one purple onion (or half depending on size). When finished mix it up ( you really need a lot of paprika and pepper to make this one good)

SesameSeeds

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 5:55 pm
What's the recipe for the garlic dip? I would love to try it.

Thank you!

mha3484

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 5:56 pm
I don't do any mayo and make a very non sweet challah so these are some dips/salads/toppings we have.

Olive tapenade
Dishes of oil and vinnegar
Whole roasted garlic heads
Sautéed eggplant with lots of garlic
Beet and carrot salad
I'm trying "creamed " mushrooms this week
Peperonata

ddsw

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 6:06 pm
Can u post the spinach and garlic dip please

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 6:09 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
Spinach & garlic dip.
Avocado'& garlic dip.
Jalapeño pepper dip.
Garlic dip.
Dill dip.
Mushroom dip.
Plain mayo is also a good dip.
(Blend and Add mayo to all of these)

Then here is a salad that's great slice half moons of avocado. Then a layer of purple onion. Sprinkle a lot of paprika and pepper and a little salt. Add vegetable oil. The another layer of half moon avocado, half moon purple onion, spices again, etc etc each layer is one avocado and one purple onion (or half depending on size). When finished mix it up ( you really need a lot of paprika and pepper to make this one good)

How do you make your mushroom dip? I have lots of fresh mushrooms that I want to use on something new and interesting.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 6:20 pm
This sounds pretty pathetic, but I just play around with the food processor.

For garlic dip I put in two cloves of garlic, salt, mayo, and some sugar. I blend itup, taste it, and add more ingredients accordingly. Same goes for all others. the Mushroom dip needs garlic added to it or it may taste bland (btw if you try it and it comes out great let me know what you did because I never quite loved mine like I love the grocery's).

I just take the ingredients add mayo, salt, pepper, etc and blend it up. You can also look online to get the measurements and substitute the mayo for the sour cream (it won't have as rich of a flavor, but will still taste good)

bargainlover

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 6:29 pm
I make jalapeno dip every week, its 2 jalapenos(we use half the seeds cuz like it spicy), 2 cloves garlic, and about a half cup mayo, based on tasting it to see how hot it is. Just blend with food processor or stick blender. Always better to start with less mayo and keep adding a little to get it just right for your tastes.

Edited to add: We also make in a small pan: whole peeled garlic cloves covered with a nice amount of oil, a sprinkle of salt, cover tight, bake at least an hour - keep warm fri night on blech, etc.....yum with challah!

tweety1

Post Thu, May 08 2014, 6:31 pm
November wrote:
My family loved this tomato and garlic dip on Pesach. I really want to make it again but don't have a non-Pesach food processor ... yet. Am looking around.

Tomato dip can be made with a hand blender. Olive dip too
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics