Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Do you read the serials first?
1  2  Next

Do you turn to the Serials first in your weekly mags?
I read the serials first and the rest later  
 52%  [ 41 ]
I try to read in order but usually cheat & peek at serials  
 11%  [ 9 ]
I skim the mag & then read what most interests me  
 23%  [ 18 ]
I don't follow the serials so as not to get addicted  
 7%  [ 6 ]
I follow a couple of serials but not so obsessively!  
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 78

amother

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 3:52 pm
I am curious how many of us can't read a mag in order because we must find out what's going on with Bin, Libby, Caro, Tamar etc.

Scrabble123

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 4:29 pm
I read the magazine in the order it is intended to be read, front to back (don't pick and choose what to read). Sometimes, however I will read a magazine back to front, but that is for no specific reason (and again, I will read in order without skipping). I didn't vote because you did not have such an option.

mommy of boys

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 8:02 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
I read the magazine in the order it is intended to be read, front to back (don't pick and choose what to read). Sometimes, however I will read a magazine back to front, but that is for no specific reason (and again, I will read in order without skipping). I didn't vote because you did not have such an option.

same here.
I always read in order of the magazine even though the reason I need every single week of it is mostly to get the serials.
I do it cuz if I would read the serials first, I probably wouldnt get to read the rest

curlyhead

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 8:24 pm
I get various magazines weeks or years later which are passed from hand to hand so I dont read in order. So I leave serials till they come out in books.

Kumphort

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 8:25 pm
I never read the serials because I can barely remember what I did 5 mins ago let alone what I read a week ago

Scrabble123

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 9:32 pm
mommy of boys wrote:
same here.
I always read in order of the magazine even though the reason I need every single week of it is mostly to get the serials.
I do it cuz if I would read the serials first, I probably wouldnt get to read the rest

Interesting. I find the serials to be my least favorite part of magazines. There have been a few that I enjoyed, but I read them anyways because as I said, I read magazines from beginning to end (or end to beginning in some cases).

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 11:46 pm
What a question? I read Grey Lines with my coffee at 7 am on monday .I cant wait for tomorrow!!!

boysrus

Post Sun, May 11 2014, 11:48 pm
I always read the serials first, I get the mag out of hte mailbox, rip it open and turn straight to the serials before even throwing out the wrapper!

zigi

Post Mon, May 12 2014, 12:01 am
serials first, but only after I got into the story, if it just started and didn't get my interest then I mostly read the magazine in order

cinnamon

Post Mon, May 12 2014, 3:45 am
I read the recipes first then whatever catches my eye. I usually don't read the serials first though I do enjoy them.
I never ever read a magazine in order. always from most interesting to least interesting.

Ruchel

Post Mon, May 12 2014, 8:19 am
I generally am not much interested in the serials in magazines...

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 12 2014, 11:12 am
I find the serials not well written, sappy, stereotypical and dragged out. If I ever read them its with a few missing. Not much has happened besides filler words.
They aren't any better when published as a book.

imasoftov

Post Mon, May 12 2014, 2:53 pm
No choice for "I do not read frum magazines"?

amother

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 9:31 am
No choice for: I do not read the serials at all; I don't even get started because I know that somewhere along the way I will miss a few and then what?

amother

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 9:33 am
Kumphort wrote:
I never read the serials because I can barely remember what I did 5 mins ago let alone what I read a week ago
Thumbs Up

amother

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 9:35 am
Ruchel wrote:
I generally am not much interested in the serials in magazines...

Ditto

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 10:32 am
If I subscribe to a magazine, yes, I read the serials.
I would LOVE to read The Grey Lines but don't get Binah; I wouldn't get any just for the serials.
I go to letters, the editorials, recipes and other features that catch my eye. I try to just skim and leave for Shabbos. I have a very easy time not ready most serials right away.

sunny90

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 2:09 pm
I buy the magazines during the week, open them, read the serials, and save the rest for Shabbos.
No way would I be able to save The Grey Lines for 4 days!

chocolate fondue

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 1:32 pm
I read the serials first, then the letters to the editor and then I skim through and pick out the bits that look interesting

heidi

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 1:54 pm
Been waiting to ask this for a while. This is a serial in Family First (I think) right after Split Ends-- with two completely difft. story lines-- one about Tamar who quit babysitting and the other about Nechama the therapist whose mother is dating. Is there some connection I fail to see? It is really annoying me already.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room