Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Looking for good pulmonologist in NY/NJ area

my80

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 10:36 am
Looking for a recommendation for an adult pulmonologist in the NJ/NY area. We live in Lakewood, but will travel if need be, and worthwhile.

Thanks!

Writergirl

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 12:25 pm
Dr. Stuart Garay in Manhattan is excellent. Got referred to him through Shuki Berman and he was a really good shaliach for us!

my80

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 5:35 pm
Yes, Rabbi Berman recommended Dr Gray to us as well, in addition to Dr Byron Thomashow.

Not sure now which way to go, and if its worthwhile paying out of pocket for it, which we will have to do. Was your visit covered by insurance? And if not, how much did he charge for the intial visit?

If you feel more comfortable, can you send me a direct message here? Thanks!

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 5:37 pm
my80 wrote:
Yes, Rabbi Berman recommended Dr Gray to us as well, in addition to Dr Byron Thomashow.

Not sure now which way to go, and if its worthwhile paying out of pocket for it, which we will have to do. Was your visit covered by insurance? And if not, how much did he charge for the intial visit?

If you feel more comfortable, can you send me a direct message here? Thanks!

Why won't your insurance cover seeing a pulmonologist?

my80

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 5:40 pm
Because he is out of network. We don't have good insurance, although there are other pulmonologists within network.

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 13 2014, 6:00 pm
my80 wrote:
Because he is out of network. We don't have good insurance, although there are other pulmonologists within network.

Got it. I'd stay within network if I were you. There are so many good doctors out there. I don't believe in so called 'top doctors' (and I'm saying this as a person who has worked in major ny hospitals my entire career: I personally know and have worked with many 'top doctors' and some really are, and some is just really good PR)

Jeanette

Post Sat, Aug 09 2014, 8:22 pm
superdanni wrote:
Got it. I'd stay within network if I were you. There are so many good doctors out there. I don't believe in so called 'top doctors' (and I'm saying this as a person who has worked in major ny hospitals my entire career: I personally know and have worked with many 'top doctors' and some really are, and some is just really good PR)

Agreed. If someone has a common condition there are treatment guidelines that all decent doctors will follow. You can even google to find out if your doctor is following standard protocol. If you have a rare or life-threatening condition though, I can understand wanting to only see "the best."

What you could do is see a doctor in-network, and if you don't like his diagnosis or treatment plan, you can seek a second opinion.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics