Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Message from Leah Vincent to the frum community
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

BlueRose52

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 11:03 am
Vashti Hamalka wrote:
The only desparation I detect is on your end. You desparately want us to believe Leah and to listen to everything she has to say. You go as far as to say that her younger brother corraborated her version of the story even though he wasnt in England or Israel or New York with her and was probably too young to have been involved with any of it that time. He may have been older at the engagement party but he wasnt home then either. So there is no way for him to confirm any of it. How come you are so desparate for us to believe Leah (and/or her brother)?

Thank you for this. I always appreciate getting a clear sign of when it's time to bow out of a discussion.

Frumdoc

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 11:49 am
This thread makes me so sad.

A summitt meeting to try to encourage understanding and compassion between those who leave and those who stay has turned into a slanging match against those who leave.

It demonstrates the worst characteristics of religious intolerance, no wonder so many people feel oppressed by the chareidi world Crying
I feel oppressed on their behalf, and my own, and I am frum Rolling Eyes

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 11:50 am
Vashti Hamalka wrote:
Lets examine the story Leah wrote of her sisters engagement party, the one where she was told not to touch any of her siblings and to eat off plastic plates/utensils. She wrote that her brother Mordy was not there at the time since he was in yeshiva. Is this the same brother that corraborated her story? Did he confirm this particular incident as well? If he did, then I question everything he says since he was not there so how does he know for sure what happened?

Please. Don't. Go. There.

marina

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 2:17 pm
Vashti Hamalka wrote:
The only desparation I detect is on your end. You desparately want us to believe Leah and to listen to everything she has to say. You go as far as to say that her younger brother corraborated her version of the story even though he wasnt in England or Israel or New York with her and was probably too young to have been involved with any of it that time. He may have been older at the engagement party but he wasnt home then either. So there is no way for him to confirm any of it. How come you are so desparate for us to believe Leah (and/or her brother)?

So the rule is that we can't believe anything Leah writes unless her brother confirms it? Why not go a step further and say we can't believe anything the brother confirms unless another sibling confirms it too?

Also, why not reject everything Vashti Hamalka writes unless her brother confirms it? Whatever you've written about on this forum about your life experiences- all that never happened, unless you can provide a relative to confirm it. What's good for the goose is good for gander and all that.

Vashti Hamalka

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 2:32 pm
marina wrote:
So the rule is that we can't believe anything Leah writes unless her brother confirms it? Why not go a step further and say we can't believe anything the brother confirms unless another sibling confirms it too?

Actually, the rule is that everything Feldman says is a lie and everything Vincent says is honest and credible. After all, Vincent has a brother corraborating her story even though he was too young or not there at all to know what the truth really is, and Feldman doesnt have a sibling confirming her story so she is obviously lying. In other words, Leah is God, Feldman is Satan and no one dare mess with that or contradict it!

marina

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 3:34 pm
Oy, you've stopped making sense.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics