Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Giant chocolate chip cookie recipe

ruby slippers

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 10:14 am
Its a friends anniversary and we are having them over for Shabbat lunch, instead of a cake I thought it would be fun to make a giant chocolate chip cookie- do you think I should just follow a regular ccc recipe and just make one big one or is there a specific recipe out there?
thanks!

Iced Cappuccino

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 12:36 pm
I just use my regular recipe and make giant size. After they cool off you can pour some melted chocolate in the middle. My family loves when I serve the cookies warm from the blech.

abaker

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 12:38 pm
how long do you cook a giant cookie for? what temperature? I would love to try this but wouldn't want the edges to burn and raw in middle.

Iced Cappuccino

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 12:40 pm
I never had a problem with the middle baing raw. Flatten the cookie before you bake it...I just watch to see when its ready. Probably 15 min.

greenfire

Post Fri, May 23 2014, 12:45 pm
I use the same recipe - put it in a 9" round aluminum disposable pan ... spread the batter about 3/4" high just like a brownie batter ... and bake for more like 30 minutes ... or till edges look a little browned

then when it cools I use frosting to make an edging & write something on the center
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins