Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Kiryat Shmuel, Haifa

amother

Post Sat, May 24 2014, 11:52 pm
Trying to get some info about the community as a possible aliyah destination. Haven't found much on NBN. We are American Yeshivish, looking for a place outside of the center of the country. I know its a diverse frum community but we are trying to get a feel of whether there are other American yeshivish people there or is it a more dati-leumi American feel? Any personal contacts there would be really helpful. Thank you!

amother

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 12:09 am
The community as a whole is not quite yeshivish, though not DL either. It's possible to find your type there. The English speaking community there is very small but very close knit and friendly. It's worth looking into but you have to see it to decide if it's for you.

amother

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 2:06 am
I live there.
If you set up an email address, I will email you.
I don't want to put my location under my sn.

amother

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 6:37 am
Chareidialiyah@gmail.com
thank you!

amother

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 1:02 pm
Thanks for the 2 replies. To the first amother, do you live there? Can I contact you for more info? To the second amother, I would love if you could email me at the address I posted above.
We know very little about the haifa area in general and whether a different part of the citywould be relevant. Our basic criteria are good chareidi schools that are not bursting at the seams, and a strong kehilla feeling.

amother

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 4:17 pm
first amother here: I emailed you.

Rachy510

Post Mon, Sep 08 2014, 1:37 pm
Can someone also be in touch with me about living in Haifa?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 8:37 am
I see this is kinda old, but did you end up moving to Kiryat Shmuel? My husband is at the Technion. We were looking for an American yeshivish community. We ended up in an Israeli community pretty close to Haifa, but we are renting and can always move. I am very curious to hear about American yeshivish or baal habatish charedi communities that have a short commute to Haifa.

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 9:50 am
My sister lives in Kiryat shmuel.. I am sure she would be happy to talk to you. PM and I can give you her info.

SmileUrJewish

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 10:17 pm
Reviving this thread again... our Aliyah advisor just told us about this community and I love everything I read about it on the NBN profile. We're "chardal" and are looking for a warm and inspired community in commuting distance to Haifa. We are more attracted to smaller communities. Does anyone have any more insight on Kiryat Shmuel?

bluebaker

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 10:46 pm
There are probably groups on FB that could answer this question and others you might have - NBN North is one and people there could direct you further.

May your Aliyah be easy and a blessing.

SmileUrJewish wrote:
Reviving this thread again... our Aliyah advisor just told us about this community and I love everything I read about it on the NBN profile. We're "chardal" and are looking for a warm and inspired community in commuting distance to Haifa. We are more attracted to smaller communities. Does anyone have any more insight on Kiryat Shmuel?

Marion

Post Fri, Oct 28 2016, 2:38 am
I visited Kiryat Shmuel a few weeks ago, but spent most of my time indoors with my friend and her little boy. From what I saw and what she told me there ARE Anglos (though you have to actively search for them). The community's roads are closed on Shabbat, tonne of families in the parks (lots of parks!), lots of shuls to choose from.

My friend's family moved there from RBS Gimmel; much happier in Kiryat Shmuel.

SmileUrJewish

Post Fri, Oct 28 2016, 9:18 am
Thank you, Marion! Were the people friendly? Was it ugly? (We are considering another community that is a bit more expensive but has beautiful scenery. I don't want to seem shallow but we're coming from a place in the US with lots of green, something that we really love and appreciate.) Did it seem a little less "boxy" in terms of what religious ideology you subscribe to?

Thanks!!

ruby slippers

Post Fri, Oct 28 2016, 9:26 am
My sister has been living in kiryat shmuel for a number of years now(anglo) if you pm me I can send you her contact info.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Oct 28 2016, 12:27 pm
Blog.aliyahland.com

She lives there and has a lot to say.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions