Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Round Robin - tips, tricks, success & horror stories

amother

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 2:28 pm
Two (potentially three) mommies and I have decided to start a round robin together. My son is 22 months, and their kids (boy and girl) are within a few months of mine. We live in the same apartment building complexes, and across the street from the park. I have a 5.5 yr old and will iy'H have a new baby within the month, and the other two mommies only have their one toddler. I would somehow have to run the round robin my day caring for the 3-4 toddlers and also my newborn/baby. None of us have ever done a round robin before but we are all very excited about it and would ideally like to develop a real schedule and curriculum.

I would really welcome any advice, strategies, activity ideas, tips and pitfalls from experience.

Thanks!

the world's best mom

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 8:34 pm
That sounds like me 5 1/2 years ago. I did a round robin for dd who was 2. I had a baby at home, and the other three mothers did not. I do not regret doing it because it was the best thing for dd that year, but my baby screamed all year, which made it very difficult. Most babies are not like mine was, though, so I don't think you have to worry.

We had a daily schedule that we all stuck to, and a specific lunch that we each served every week. We each had our own theme for projects and circle time. One mother did Parsha/Yom Tov, one did Aleph Bais...

Jewishmofm

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 9:08 pm
I've been wondering about this too. Thanks OP for asking, and thanks for the reply.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 9:26 pm
It isn't safe for one adult to watch 3 toddlers in the park alone- I wouldn't take on that responsibility, and I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone else watching my 2 year old under those circumstances either. Also, how long will you be taking off postpartum? Make sure that's realistic, and clear to the other moms from the start. And what's the plan regarding nursing the baby, rocking to sleep, etc? I can't imagine doing that with the toddlers running around needing supervision.

Just some of my thoughts Smile

bananasplit

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 9:46 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
It isn't safe for one adult to watch 3 toddlers in the park alone- I wouldn't take on that responsibility, and I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone else watching my 2 year old under those circumstances either. Also, how long will you be taking off postpartum? Make sure that's realistic, and clear to the other moms from the start. And what's the plan regarding nursing the baby, rocking to sleep, etc? I can't imagine doing that with the toddlers running around needing supervision.

Just some of my thoughts Smile

I agree. My one 2 1/2 year old and infant is hard enough especially if any of the kids like to run away at any opportunity like mine does.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 1:16 pm
Hi, What did you end up doing that worked out/ what didn't work?
I am asking because I will be participating in a round robin with 3 other 2 year olds, and will have my infant at home with me. Any tips would be helpful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics