Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Blintz leaves stick together

morahtikvah

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 4:27 pm
I am new to making blintzes. If I stack the leaves as I take them out of the frying pan they stick together. How can I prevent this?

penguin

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 4:36 pm
You're supposed to put them onto clean towels until dry, then stack them w/ waxed paper.

What I do is prepare the filling before making the leaves. Then as the next leaf is frying you can fill the one you just made. Put the filled blintzes into a container or pan to fry later. Make sure to put waxed paper between each layer.

mommy9

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 5:02 pm
If you're not filling them right away put in refridge. They're easier to work w/ when cold

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 5:30 pm
Are they sticking together or you're afraid they will? The only times I find they stick together is when they're not fully cooked, but otherwise, they don't stick to one another.

morahtikvah

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 7:26 pm
That is a good idea to fill them as I make make leaves.
They were sticking together unless I cooled them before I stacked them. If I cooled them first I could separate them carefully. Yo'ma-I was wondering if maybe they were undercooked. I don't want to put wax paper in between the leaves as that makes a lot of trash.

Thanks everyone,
morahtikvah
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus