Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bubble Bum?

MiracleMama

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 2:09 pm
Has anyone used or know anything about this booster seat? It was recommended to me for travel by the car seat inspection place I went to, so I assume they wouldn't recommend something unsafe, but it seems so little protection (uses car seat belt) compared to the britax boosters (uses 5 pt. harness) I currently have my 3 kids in.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 4:55 pm
It's just as safe as any backless booster, but do note it's only rated for 40 lbs and up. The point of a backless booster is just to position the lapbelt on the child's thighs -- it serves as an "artificial pelvis".

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 5:11 pm
How old are your kids? Generally a backless booster is not recommended until age sevenish. Obviously if that's your only option for travel, and it fits + the kids are mature enough to maintain a safely seated position, younger is fine.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 5:30 pm
I have 2 kids who are almost 6 and 1 who is 7. One of my almost-6-yr-olds is still so petite that she has not yet hit 40 pounds, so I bought the most light-weight booster with back I could find. The other 2 are old enough and weigh enough. I guess I'm just so used to having everyone in a 5 pt. harness that it's just weird seeing them in a normal seat belt and I want to hear that so long as they do meet the seat's requirements that they are safe in these seats. Unfortunately most of my friends with kids this age aren't even bothering with booster seats, so I really have nobody to ask. Kind of hoping someone here can tell me that they have used this seat and they are happy with it.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 5:33 pm
Sounds like it can work well for you Smile here's a review from techs: http://csftl.org/bubblebum-the.....away/

MiracleMama

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:31 pm
Thanks!

malkacooks

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 1:30 pm
I use it for my 7 year old and love it

MiracleMama

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 1:40 pm
malkacooks wrote:
I use it for my 7 year old and love it

Great to know. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars