Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Need to re energize lamb shoulder chops

manyhats

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 8:08 pm
The meat came out OK Nice texture and soft.
The meat was cooked smothered in onions, garlic, and crushed rosemary and fully submerged in chicken broth and dry red wine.

Any advice Which spices would compliment this meal?

Bonus question: I have a quart container .of liquid left over. How should I use this?

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 8:28 pm
Rosemary, thyme, fresh garlic, salt. Lamb chops don't need a whole lot of sauce or added flavor, just a touch of salt and herbs if you like.

oliveoil

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:42 am
Lamb chops are so flavorful, you're better off using less. Sounds like you might have overdone it. Rub with a few spices and broil.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 7:29 am
You don't need additional spices if you already cooked them with rosemary and garlic.

Other things you can do with lamb is combination of cinnamon, paprika, cumin and allspice (more like oriental spice rub) and add dried apricots or prunes to the braising.

As for gravy, either freeze and use it when you cook lamb or meatballs or add it to soup (esp bean and/or tomato based ones) or rice for richer flavour. Chill and skim off fat first.

manyhats

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 10:43 pm
MB,

Thank you for advice. I will use for next time.

For my lamb that's already cooked- am thinking of adding olives and spices either to meat or gravy.

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 2:02 pm
Ah you reminded me manyhats, I also like braising lamb with pickled lemon and olives with herbs de provence (which has rosemary). You can probably grate some lemon rinds on top of the meat, or serve with fresh salsa (chopped fresh tomato, chopped purple onions, chili, corirander, maybe capers) or tapenade.

manyhats

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 10:37 pm
Mrs Bissli,

Excellent ideas, as always.

Many thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics