Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Wedding gift for well-to-do couple
1  2  3  Next

happy chick

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 9:41 pm
what type of wedding gift is nice for a couple who is well to do? usually, I try to get wedding gifts that are practical and useful, but this couple probably has everything already (especially that they got married 6 months ago) and whatever they dont have is because they dont want/need. any ideas?

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 9:46 pm
A check. Money is always appreciated.

lizard8

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 9:54 pm
something unique, something from a local store that could be exchanged, a gift certificate or money.

amother

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 9:55 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
A check. Money is always appreciated.

I disagree. Checks are meaningless when you have money. I hardly remember who give me a check. I remember each time I see a certain candy dish or use a drink dispenser. My favorite gift was a silver chaffing dish.

Get something fun like a glass honey dish from Tiffany. It is less than $100.

smilingmom

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 10:14 pm
I donate money to a tzedeka in honor of the wedding.
I send a fancy card with the info, that can be displayed. I do not put the amount of money on the card/plaque.

I do this, because I cannot always afford to give an expensive gift.

b from nj

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 10:15 pm
Check out their registry. Maybe there are still some things there that they might need.They may be registered at bed, bath, & beyond or Macy's!

amother

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 10:23 pm
smilingmom wrote:
I send a fancy card with the info, that can be displayed. I do not put the amount of money on the card/plaque.

I hate getting those non gifts.

cbg

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 10:25 pm
How much do you want to spend?

http://www.judaicaplanet.com/f.....aica/

I saw this in someone's home and loved it right away.
I thought it was something they custom made because they are very wealthy. Then my DS got one as wedding present, and it was so excited. The letters look like they are floating. It is stunning and unique.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 10:35 pm
No registry? If you don't send a check, give something from a store they can easily return to, with a gift receipt. Personally, I could never bring myself to spend close to $100 on a little glass bowl from Tiffany's. I would put that money into something genuinely useful by most standards, like a full size serving set.

ROFL

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 11:17 pm
cbg wrote:
How much do you want to spend?

http://www.judaicaplanet.com/f.....aica/

I saw this in someone's home and loved it right away.
I thought it was something they custom made because they are very wealthy. Then my DS got one as wedding present, and it was so excited. The letters look like they are floating. It is stunning and unique.

I gave this to someone as an engagement gift. It really is beautiful and does not cost so much.

amother

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 11:17 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
No registry? If you don't send a check, give something from a store they can easily return to, with a gift receipt. Personally, I could never bring myself to spend close to $100 on a little glass bowl from Tiffany's. I would put that money into something genuinely useful by most standards, like a full size serving set.

The honey dish is useful by frum standards. I use it more days then many of the silver items in my cabinet which cost thousands. I replaced the spoon with a silver one. I like Tiffany. I like getting it and giving it. Tiffany is fun!

OP needs to tell us the budget.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 11:26 pm
amother wrote:
The honey dish is useful by frum standards. I use it more days then many of the silver items in my cabinet which cost thousands. I replaced the spoon with a silver one. I like Tiffany. I like getting it and giving it. Tiffany is fun!

I guess that's the difference between those of us who count pennies and those of us who don't.

amother

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 11:40 pm
smilingmom wrote:

amother wrote:

I would like this. BH we can afford to buy what we need. I dont like cute stuff that just takes up space and makes more clutter. This tzedaka gift idea lets me know that you are thinking of me, that you didnt 'forget' to give a gift and you dont have to be embarrassed to give just $5 because I have no clue what you gave.

amother

Post Tue, May 27 2014, 11:46 pm
amother wrote:

A honey dish might be useful for a frum household for rosh hashana but the pretty one from Amazing Savings works just as well... And for that that price I can even afford two...

Sherri

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:08 am
Something small and personalized? Do any of them have a specific hobby?

Scrabble123

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:12 am
smilingmom wrote:

That is an excellent gift!

Scrabble123

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:15 am
amother wrote:

I would appreciate such a gift so much! Such a genuine, special gesture.

Then again, I don't ever expect gifts and really am and always have been uncomfortable with people buying me things.

I just find your statement rude, but maybe it's me.

amother

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:21 am
I have a friend who has an embroidery machine that you can program. I took the picture from the wedding invitation and had two hand towels embroidered with the picture. It came out very nice and made a special wedding gift. This was given to a special couple in our community where the husband had finally finished his conversion and they were now having a Jewish wedding. The gift was maybe $25 dollar price range. I think there are people on etsy.com you can hire to do for a similar gift.

amother

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:23 am
People usually buy themselves what they need a gift is really the thought-so if they're wealthy I would get them something inexpensive like from Macy's bed and bath

rachel6543

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:27 am
One of my favorite wedding gifts was a challah cover that a friend made for us. She used material to make our initials and sewed the cover herself. Was such a beautiful and thoughtful gift and I really enjoy using it on Shabbos.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics