Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Quiche

Chickpea

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:35 am
Can quiche stay in the fridge a few days w/o getting soggy? Can it be frozen? I want to make it for Shavuot, but don't have time to make it erev yt. Also, how can I heat it up on a plata? Won't be using oven on yt. Tia

lifesagift

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:43 am
First of all, the recipe?
Second, quiche could generally be frozen (rather than refrigerated) for a couple of days.
Third - the recipe?? (being a nudge, but I could use some ideas. I like savory, with exotic cheeses....mmmm)

naomi6

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 12:44 am
I make the sweet potato broccoli quiche freezes very well make sure it's sliced when cold then freeze just like fresh

Chickpea

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 1:00 am
lifesagift wrote:
First of all, the recipe?
Second, quiche could generally be frozen (rather than refrigerated) for a couple of days.
Third - the recipe?? (being a nudge, but I could use some ideas. I like savory, with exotic cheeses....mmmm)

I don't have the exact measurements in front of me now, I'll look for it tomorrow(Ack! It already is tomorrow). Please remind me if I don't post it. I made it last Shavuot, dh loved it. Ingredients: sauteed onions, tomatoes, LOTS of garlic, basil, eggs, milk(or cream, not so healthy), cheddar and muensta cheese, store bought deep dish pie crust. I love to experiment with cooking, so I assume you could use other cheeses. It was the first time I ever made quiche.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus