Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Which vodka?

shmaichul

Post Wed, May 28 2014, 11:18 pm
Is there a specific vodka thats best to use for the penne vodka sauce?

heidi

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 12:25 am
Uhh yeah, the cheapest one you can find. Unless your family is going to drink it afterwards.

sky

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 9:00 am
unflavored - like no mango, berry, cocunut, chocolate, etc.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 9:02 am
heidi wrote:
Uhh yeah, the cheapest one you can find. Unless your family is going to drink it afterwards.

I disagree- I don't believe in using cooking ingredients that I wouldn't otherwise eat or drink.

shmaichul

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 11:35 am
So Smirnoff is fine?

Chickpea

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 11:46 am
Does the alcohol from vodka(or wine,for that matter) cook out? My dh gets ill from alcohol and I would like to cook with it. I've heard conflicting answers on this issue. Did I just hijack this thread? Yes
(Sorry!)

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 12:20 pm
Smirnoff is perfect. It does not cook out fully, but the longer you cook it the more it does.

shmaichul

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 12:22 pm
Thanks!

heidi

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 12:31 pm
MaBelleVie, vodka, which in my opinion tastes like rubbing alcohol is not like wine. In penne ala vodka you're adding vodka for the zing not the flavor

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, May 29 2014, 2:06 pm
heidi wrote:
MaBelleVie, vodka, which in my opinion tastes like rubbing alcohol is not like wine. In penne ala vodka you're adding vodka for the zing not the flavor

Well, if you don't like the flavor, you aren't going to appreciate the difference between better and lesser qualities. What do you mean by zing? I add it for the flavor...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals