Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How often should DH and I be replacing our mattresses?

amother

Post Fri, May 30 2014, 1:00 am
How often should DH and I be replacing our mattresses? what is a normal 'lifespan' for a mattress? Also how often should it be flipped?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 1:00 pm
bumpety-bump Bounce

amother

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 1:09 pm
Were replacing ours after a year but that's because they are defective and being replaced under warranty. I think they should usually last at least ten years. I think normal is flipping every six months (to other side and head to foot etc). But who cares how often is normal? Are your mattresses still comfortable? That's really all that matters.

achot613

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 1:12 pm
My Father used to work for a large bed company. He recommends every 10 years. Until then, the mattresses should be rotated periodically.

freidasima

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 1:14 pm
We rotate (turn over) once a week and do the complete flip (back to front) once every three months. New mattresses every ten years.

monseychick

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 1:16 pm
It depends how much wear and tear the mattress gets LOL LOL LOL

copypaste

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 10:53 pm
We bought new mattresses after 10 years. They make it in a way you never have to flip the mattress. It's one sided only very comfortable but also expensive. I'm sure they have cheaper ones too. Comes with ten year warranty the salesman told us to come back in nine half years to get a new one free.

cbg

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 11:24 pm
I once saw an ad in a magazine, that explained that we change our cars every 3-5 years, but we don't change our matresses 15-20 years. Ironic. That being said my matresses are about 12 years old.

Pita

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 11:54 pm
Our mattress can only be put one way, so no flipping. It is the mattress my husband had before we married 10 years ago. We are only now thinking about replacing it. I would say when it is no longer comfortable.

willow

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 10:05 am
our mattress can not be flipped so I guess when it is uncomfortable.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 10:23 am
cbg wrote:
I once saw an ad in a magazine, that explained that we change our cars every 3-5 years, but we don't change our matresses 15-20 years. Ironic. That being said my matresses are about 12 years old.

Sounds like good advertising, although it makes no sense. I've never replaced my dishes; does that mean I should never replace my car?

One child sleeps on the mattress I had pre-marriage, so its 20-something years old, and in perfect condition.

We're replacing our mattresses for the first time in our 18-year marriage, and trust me, its needed.

It depends upon the quality of the mattress. Your weight. How well you take care of it. If you have to ask if it needs to be replaced, it probably doesn't.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 10:29 am
What I have never replaced a car until it cost more to fix than to replace. Which usually is 10-15 years.

Mattresses, 10-20 years, depending on comfort, quality, and use.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 1:15 pm
Some mattresses shouldn't/can't be turned.
If not then every 6 months/1 year. Change every 10
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics