Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
ALARMING! Please Only Respond If You Support Vaccinations
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 12:49 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
The hotline is midwest conference line. They offer free hotlines to anyone who wants one. Not much support and money involved there.

I guess I'm getting mixed up. I thought this was on some frum inspiration hotline with rebbetzins and this was one of their channels, or something. Was that a different one?
How are they publicizing this? Who's printing/distributing their ads?

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 3:10 pm
seeker wrote:
I guess I'm getting mixed up. I thought this was on some frum inspiration hotline with rebbetzins and this was one of their channels, or something. Was that a different one?
How are they publicizing this? Who's printing/distributing their ads?

Right. I believe that they do speak on a frum hotline as well. As for who is putting out their ads, I know someone who runs one of the magazines where they advertised. I'm going to first of all explain how disappointed I am, but also try to find out the information for you. Will let you know.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 10:15 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
HOLY COW THE IGNORANCE.

My friend had twins, so the rhogam shot was not effective for her, and now each of her babies is born anemic and early and it's life threatening each time. Rhogram is not something to play around with.

My gosh.

Why is it not effective with twins? Why is it affecting subsequent pregnancies? What I am missing here?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 10:32 pm
Because there were two babies, it only worked on one baby. and once you have a baby born with RH- factor, all subsequent babies have it, which means they are born severely anemic.

DHY

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 10:44 pm
My Dr. Always says that a too little knowledge is dangerous, you really hafta research whats behind the shots in order to make your decision not to vaccinate

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 10:48 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Because there were two babies, it only worked on one baby. and once you have a baby born with RH- factor, all subsequent babies have it, which means they are born severely anemic.

Mama Bear, the Rhogam shot works perfectly fine for multiples. It is an injection given to the mother with RH- blood so that she will not develop antibodies to her next fetus/fetuses if they happen to have RH+ blood. It isn't impacted by multiples. Anyways, BH RH+ today babies born to RH- mothers who already developed the antibodies are in serious condition but can be treated although it is of course not he ideal situation for anyone. Getting the Rhogam is extremely important for those mothers who need it. They actually give it both during pregnancy and after birth today. Your friend may have another reason why her Rhogam was ineffective or why she cannot receive it. Did she possibly have a miscarriage without the Vaccine? Either way, she is entitled to keep her secrets secret.

Last edited by Scrabble123 on Sun, Nov 09 2014, 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Happy Wife

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 10:49 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

I think I'm still missing something. Why would all future babies be Rh positive just because one was?

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 12:55 pm
Here is what was discussed on the most current conference - 11/11/14

1. A lady called in because her baby had an extremely swollen eye. It sounded like she was referring to a cellulitis, but she could not pronounce the word the doctor told her. Any cellulitis in the eye is sometimes considered a medical emergency, but she did not want to give antibiotics.

Someone later mentioned that it sounds like cellulitis and she recommended using a burn cream...?? Someone finally spoke up and said that if it is orbital or preseptum cellulitis it is very dangerous because it could cause potential blindness or travel to the brain of a child. The lady later said though that she also believes that it came from a vaccine. I wish I was listening live because I would have been able to tell them that this is not a joke, but since I heard afterwards I could not say anything.

The lady with the child with a current eye infection said that her husband had cellulitis on his leg including red lines and since did not want to give antibiotics.

2. The same lady with the child with the eye infection was discussing how she follows a doctor online who believes that every disease: type 1 and 2 diabetes, obesity, etc. is caused by antibiotics.

3. They then played a recording stating that vaccines are only to train parents to give their children vaccines later in life and to take them to the doctor. The recording continued to discuss how vaccines are having a detrimental impact on health. They quote studies that are reliable or peer reviewed, stating that vaccines are linked to higher infant mortality rate.

The moderator of the hotline continues to state that this is the truth, and that she believes that the facts are that doctors give vaccines only to condition parents to take their children to the doctor. She said that vaccines are definitely not needed in infants.

4. Another woman stated that she recently had a baby who she plans not to vaccinate (certainly not for the first year), but is apart of a practice that is very pro vaccination. She tried pretending that her child had a cold. She knows that it cannot continue, but the moderator advised her to leave the practice and find someone who will support her decision not to vaccinate her child (the moderator did mention that she could decide later to vaccinate if she wanted, even though she doesn't agree, but I figured it's fair to mention that the moderator did tell her to make the decision herself).

5. The moderator claims that doctors purposely hide information about the dangers and uselessness of vaccines in order to gain money. When a participant on the line said that she does not want to accuse frum doctors of such a thing, the moderator dismissed her remark, saying, "How long have you researched vaccines?"

6. They discussed how a doctor responded to their comments regarding vaccines made in the community connections, stating that vaccines are safe and effective and that they should not perpetuate lies to individuals who cannot do research. They felt that that doctor is a liar, and continued to site fake "studies" that link autism and other diseases to vaccines.

7. A daughter of a dentist came on stating that her father is forced to do things that he does not support: such as giving amalgam fillings. First of all, he could choose not to, but either way amalgam is proven to be safe. She then said that her father does not know anything about fluoride because he feels it is safe. I happen to have only white fillings because it is aesthetically nicer. She also claims that she spoke to doctors who do not know that formaldehyde is in vaccines.

8. The moderator made a statement that even if it is your child who is one in a million to have a bad reaction to a vaccine, it is YOUR child. I want to ask her, what if your child is the 1 that dies from the measles ch'v? Becomes brain damaged from the measles? Etc. Etc.

9. Children who are vaccinated are less reasonable than children who are not vaccinated.

10. Claim that CPS take away children who have vaccine damage so the parents cannot ask for woman. She believes that CPS gets more money for putting these children in foster care. She believes that parents who want a second opinion on a medical issue have their children taken from them. Umm???

11. Someone said "thanks for educating the heimishe oilam about vaccines. It's a real chessed" Imagine that this ranting and garbage is what someone considers a form of education!!!! This is why we need to counteract it and provide real education.

I did not finish this either because I had to continue working. Have a great day.

Supermom#1

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 1:31 pm
There sure is an awful lot of ignorance out there. That said, I think it's time that we start discussing vaccine safety, NOT anti-vaccine.

Is it really best for each child to adhere to the one-size-fits-all vaccination schedule? Does doctor always know best?

There are vaccines that are really important; they protect against dangerous infectious disease.

There are also vaccines that are not necessary for an infant or young child and there are those that are too new for us to trust the super-quick "safety studies."

Also, the recommended vaccine schedule is one that should be alarming or at least, of major concern to all parents. Here is the vaccine schedule recommended by the AAP & CDC & most pediatricians. Most parents are not aware of the amount of vaccines their baby is being injected with and are pretty shocked when they see this on paper:

Birth – Hep B
1 month – Hep B
2 months – DTaP, HIB, Pc, Rotavirus, Polio
4 months – DTaP HIB, Pc, Rotavirus, Polio
6 months – DTaP, HIB, Pc, Rotavirus, Hep B, Flu (2 doses)
1 year – MMR, Chickenpox, Hep A
15 months – HIB, Pc
18 months – DTaP, Polio, Hep A, Flu (if in season)
2 years – Flu vaccine every year hereafter through 18 years
5 years – DTaP, Polio, MMR, Flu
11-12 years – Tdap, Meningococcal, HPV

16 years – Meningococcal booster

Says Dr. Sears, pro-vaccine pediatrician & author of The Vaccine Book: "My main worry about this schedule is that there really hasn’t been enough research on the various chemicals and ingredients in many vaccines to prove that they are 100% safe. It has also been my experience that giving 5 or 6 vaccines at a time can increase the likelihood of a severe reaction."
He then goes on to recommend an alternative vaccine schedule as well as a selective vaccine schedule.

The problem that I've observed is, that as parents become more aware of the way vaccines are manufactured, recommended and then mandated, they become very wary and many stop vaccinating altogether. This, of course, isn't good either. Proceeding with caution is the way to go.
For those of you who have learned about vaccines and are wary to abide by the recommended schedule, how did you proceed?

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 1:46 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:
There sure is an awful lot of ignorance out there. That said, I think it's time that we start discussing vaccine safety, NOT anti-vaccine.

Is it really best for each child to adhere to the one-size-fits-all vaccination schedule? Does doctor always know best?

There are vaccines that are really important; they protect against dangerous infectious disease.

There are also vaccines that are not necessary for an infant or young child and there are those that are too new for us to trust the super-quick "safety studies."

Also, the recommended vaccine schedule is one that should be alarming or at least, of major concern to all parents. Here is the vaccine schedule recommended by the AAP & CDC & most pediatricians. Most parents are not aware of the amount of vaccines their baby is being injected with and are pretty shocked when they see this on paper:

Birth – Hep B
1 month – Hep B
2 months – DTaP, HIB, Pc, Rotavirus, Polio
4 months – DTaP HIB, Pc, Rotavirus, Polio
6 months – DTaP, HIB, Pc, Rotavirus, Hep B, Flu (2 doses)
1 year – MMR, Chickenpox, Hep A
15 months – HIB, Pc
18 months – DTaP, Polio, Hep A, Flu (if in season)
2 years – Flu vaccine every year hereafter through 18 years
5 years – DTaP, Polio, MMR, Flu
11-12 years – Tdap, Meningococcal, HPV

16 years – Meningococcal booster

Says Dr. Sears, pro-vaccine pediatrician & author of The Vaccine Book: "My main worry about this schedule is that there really hasn’t been enough research on the various chemicals and ingredients in many vaccines to prove that they are 100% safe. It has also been my experience that giving 5 or 6 vaccines at a time can increase the likelihood of a severe reaction."
He then goes on to recommend an alternative vaccine schedule as well as a selective vaccine schedule.

The problem that I've observed is, that as parents become more aware of the way vaccines are manufactured, recommended and then mandated, they become very wary and many stop vaccinating altogether. This, of course, isn't good either. Proceeding with caution is the way to go.
For those of you who have learned about vaccines and are wary to abide by the recommended schedule, how did you proceed?

Please open your own thread, unless you believe that what you're saying helps fight the anti vax movement, in which case you would have to summarize that concept.

I do not support alternate vaccine schedules UNLESS THERE IS A MEDICAL REASON TO DO SO because once you give someone a little freedom, many people take advantage and start making uneducated decisions. And yes, I believe that science does know best when it comes to vaccines and their safety and efficacy. It's true that there will be children who will not react well to vaccines. Their are reactions that are considered acceptable (redness and swollen welts after a DTAP vaccine) and others that are considered medically dangerous (Blood disorder with MMR). People cannot decide that they have a "bad gut feeling" and continue with anxiety and doubt. We have to do things positively. We have a responsibility to protect ourselves and others. No one's child should be the one to have the serious reaction, but you do realize that if not for these vaccines, hundreds of thousands of children would be dying each year from the diseases that they cause.

Living in a developed country comes with responsibility. Choices about what to believe, how to behave, and what to do are included as a responsibility that comes with freedom. That includes responsibility for yourself and for others.

Supermom#1

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 2:01 pm
I hear your point. I also think that spreading the word about vaccine safety will help fight the anti-vaccine movement to some extent because as of now, those that hear things about vaccines that frighten them just stop vaccinating altogether. By learning more about vaccine safety, and that includes an alternate vaccine schedule with which many more parents are comfortable, more parents will make a more reasonable vaccine decision.

Scrabble123

Post Wed, Nov 12 2014, 2:23 pm
Supermom#1 wrote:
I hear your point. I also think that spreading the word about vaccine safety will help fight the anti-vaccine movement to some extent because as of now, those that hear things about vaccines that frighten them just stop vaccinating altogether. By learning more about vaccine safety, and that includes an alternate vaccine schedule with which many more parents are comfortable, more parents will make a more reasonable vaccine decision.

You do have a point. Thanks for opening your own thread too!
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics