Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Ewww.... slug trails?!?!?

June

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 7:47 am
for the past couple of weeks, we've been waking up to a really gross plastic-y looking substance all over my kitchen counter and oven.

sometimes it's random trails stretching across the counter or up the backsplash, and sometimes it's this clear film stretched between two surfaces. It looks a lot like slug trails, but we can't find slugs anywhere in the kitchen. we did find two slugs in the kitchen about a month ago after a rainstorm, but we got rid of them and haven't seen any since.

does anyone know what this could be? and if it's slugs, where could they be hiding and what can I do to get rid of them. I am so grossed out from this!!

zaq

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 12:29 pm
Not seeing pests doesn't mean they're not there. For every pest you see, be it rodent or arthropod, there is a whole family you don't see. I have no idea where the slugs could be coming from, but try pouring salt each night on the areas where you find the slug trails. The salt should kill the slugs by simple dehydration. Brace yourself to find shriveled up dead slugs for a while before they give up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics