Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
3.5 "scared" of everything

miami85

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 3:32 pm
So I know that this is probably a phase but it's driving me crazy. My 3.5 year-old has always been a bit quirky, but recently he's using the excuse of he's "scared" over the strangest things--like cleaning up toys--toys he used to clean up all the time with no problem or putting things in the garbage (used to be such a good helper) or putting on pajamas. Midday when the sun is shining. He tells me there's "a monster" I have no idea where he got this from. I tell him that I don't see the monster if he comes then I'll scare it away. What's the proper response?

miami85

Post Sun, Jun 01 2014, 3:40 pm
Oh, another thing he was "scared" of was his yarmulke--he'd gotten fairly accustomed to wearing it of late.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 11:18 am
Sounds like he is 'scared' of things he doesn't want to do. Give him some monster spray (just water in a spray bottle) to use when he's scared and then try not to do overdo your response. Just tell him you understand he's scared, but it is important to be brave and you (and the monster spray) will help him be brave, and give him a hug, but don't make a big deal out of it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers