Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Was I wrong?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:17 am
Let me preface by saying, PLEASE BE NICE!!

My childrens school gives them food, but some of my children don't like it, so there is a store a few blocks from school that brings food if you order it for the fraction of the price. A few weeks ago, I went and said I want it for the week and here's money. I did the same for the next two weeks. I found out another store does the same thing, so we decide to try by them. So, the next week came and they got food by the second store, but they also got food from the first store. Someone called me up on Monday during the day and from what I understood, I said and I thought she understood me, that I only want if I say I want, not just give without me saying anything. The next day, my ds was given food from the first store again. He did end up eating it. Tuesday evening we got a call from the first store again and this time it was the owner or husband. My dd spoke to him and he said that we have to say we don't want, not we want and now we have to pay for those two meals. My dd told him, through me, that I was never told that I have to say I don't want, not I want and I'll pay for the second meal because he ate it, but why do I have to pay for the first meal? That was the end of the conversation.

I went to the second store today because apparently they do the same thing, give unless told otherwise. I told them that I really didn't want, but I'll pay for this week, but that's it. We spoke some more and we'll still get for next week and we'll see. The reason why I wanted to stop was because of the food they were serving, but we straightened it out. Originally I paid for the larger portion on Monday for two kids, so yesterday they sent two large portions. Only one ds ate it and the other one didn't know about it and didn't want it anyway and came home to eat. She did not charge me for the one that wasn't eaten.

Then I went to the first store (they're next door to each other)(are you following? Smile ) to straighten it all out. My dh said just to pay for both meals, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to. I wanted to talk to him, but basically all he said when I went in was all or nothing. I said I have to pay for one meal because he ate it. He was very obnoxious and kept on saying, no, all or nothing. I gave him nothing. I feel bad I didn't give him for one meal, but should I have given him for two and what do you think I should do now, if anything? I don't want to get from them anymore anyway because of his attitude and he was smoking behind the counter.

myself

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:23 am
Sounds confusing! I think I would pay for both now and then stop using their services.

SplitPea

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:31 am
I think this post needs a flow chart lol

amother

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:45 am
I also feel OP should pay both whatever they are owed, and then stop using their services. Because even though some of the meals were not actually eaten by her children, the stores did take the time to prepare the meals and have them delivered.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:53 am
I didn't read the responses yet, but I decided to pay for both meals when get around to going over there. I'd still like to hear your input, if I'm wrong or just being stuck on the principle of the matter.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:55 am
SplitPea wrote:
I think this post needs a flow chart lol

It is confusing, I'm not a writer, and I'm very bad at telling stories, so this is what you get. Smile

amother

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:56 am
I'd probably ending paying both ut it sounds as if neither place informed you that you'll get it FOREVER unless you say you don't want it.

I also think it is strange that the shop said all or nothing and I'd definitely feel inclined not to pay if he said that to me with such a bad attitude.

What is it with these places that the owners/ workers have such bad attitudes?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 10:58 am
amother wrote:
I also feel OP should pay both whatever they are owed, and then stop using their services. Because even though some of the meals were not actually eaten by her children, the stores did take the time to prepare the meals and have them delivered.

Even though I didn't ask for it and they assumed?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
I'd probably ending paying both ut it sounds as if neither place informed you that you'll get it FOREVER unless you say you don't want it.

Yes, they would until school is over.

amother wrote:
I also think it is strange that the shop said all or nothing and I'd definitely feel inclined not to pay if he said that to me with such a bad attitude.

I went in with a small open mind, but with the attitude, forget it.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 11:09 am
Wow! What terrible customer service and what a ridiculous way to run your business. I don't know about the halacha part, but I definitely wouldn't want to pay for either of the meals from the first store. If you didn't say you want the meals to keep coming, in my opinion you shouldn't have to pay, even if your son ate it. I guess if it wasn't too much money, I would probably pay just for the sake of shalom, but you shouldn't have to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette