Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Having Milchigs on Shabbos?
Previous  1  2

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 12:57 am
Our Shabbat lunches are usually halavi.

In the summer epecially it's too hot to eat meat mid-day. We prefer lighter foods.

sunny90

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 5:29 am
I WISH my husband would let us have milchig meals for Shabbos lunch! But he's a diehard carnivore and I make milchigs during the week most of the time so...I can't.
I did for a while make milchigs Fri night when I was at the beginning of my last pregnancy and couldn't stand the smell of chicken soup, fish, meat or chicken. Poor guy, he just had to suffer.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 5:50 am
amother wrote:
Cant believe wat im reading..... shabbos its an extra mitzvah to eat basar!!!! To me it seems completely ridiculous!!!!!!! shock

Relax... It is not a bizayon to Shabbos. It's a beautiful seuda, not cereal and milk.

That's to add to simchas Shabbos

Basar v'yayin are mentioned for men for simchas yom tov... Clothes for women and sweets for kids

OP is asking about night. The day seuda should be made more chashuv. Halachikly meat is more chashuv.

I do have a couple friends that have milchigs in the morning after neitz and meat for ShalosSudos at 2 or so.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions