Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
ISO stroller recommendation, plz help
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 4:45 pm
Currently have a citi mini baby jogger. Not thrilled. Due soon and looking for recommendation for good carriage, but overwhelmed with the options, since I bought my citi mini 8 yrs ago.

Impt features to me:
- bassinet option
- not to clumsy or heavy as I will be going up a flight of steps
- price range bet 500-1000
- comfortable for infant thru toddler stage

I hear the bugaboos are too heavy. Some suggested to me babyroues, stokke but not sure which, uppababy Cruz over vista...

What's your take. What would u suggest to get or def not suggest?

Tia

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 4:48 pm
amother wrote:
Currently have a citi mini baby jogger. Not thrilled. Due soon and looking for recommendation for good carriage, but overwhelmed with the options, since I bought my citi mini 8 yrs ago.

Impt features to me:
- bassinet option
- not to clumsy or heavy as I will be going up a flight of steps
- price range bet 500-1000
- comfortable for infant thru toddler stage

I hear the bugaboos are too heavy. Some suggested to me babyroues, stokke but not sure which, uppababy Cruz over vista...

What's your take. What would u suggest to get or def not suggest?

Tia
Stokke is large and heavy and above the price range listed above if you want the bassinet option.
http://www.albeebaby.com/stokk.....ncAMg

Last edited by ra_mom on Fri, Jun 06 2014, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 4:50 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Stokke is large and heavy and above the price range listed above.

The stokke that was mentioned was the scoot maybe?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 4:59 pm
amother wrote:
The stokke that was mentioned was the scoot maybe?
When the scoot came out in 2013 it had one reclining position and one partially lying down position. In addition, it was not compatible with a bassinet.
Find out if there is a 2014 stroller and if any of this was changed.

Willow43

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 4:59 pm
If youre willing to spend up to 1000 you can pretty much get any stroller you want- bugaboo's are NOT heavy- theyre actually pretty flimsy. (not in a good way) I dont own a bugaboo but my sister in law does and I borrowed it a couple of times and found it to be flimsy and impractical -for example the basinett and seat are the same frame so you need to switch the material, in between using it as a stroller or basinett, and in order to fold it and put it in the trunk the seat needs to be removed from the frame. #annoying. anyway I have the uppa baby and I love it- some people say its heavy but I dont think that its that bad, and I live one flight up and constantly taking it up and down and loading it into my trunk- totally not a big deal. and in exchange for the fact that its not so light weight you get an extremely sturdy stroller. Mine is 3 years old and in great condition still... I believe I paid $600 for it
also my daughter used the basinett as a bed for like 4 months straight...

amother

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 5:02 pm
Willow43 wrote:
If youre willing to spend up to 1000 you can pretty much get any stroller you want- bugaboo's are NOT heavy- theyre actually pretty flimsy. (not in a good way) I dont own a bugaboo but my sister in law does and I borrowed it a couple of times and found it to be flimsy and impractical -for example the basinett and seat are the same frame so you need to switch the material, in between using it as a stroller or basinett, and in order to fold it and put it in the trunk the seat needs to be removed from the frame. #annoying. anyway I have the uppa baby and I love it- some people say its heavy but I dont think that its that bad, and I live one flight up and constantly taking it up and down and loading it into my trunk- totally not a big deal. and in exchange for the fact that its not so light weight you get an extremely sturdy stroller. Mine is 3 years old and in great condition still... I believe I paid $600 for it
also my daughter used the basinett as a bed for like 4 months straight...

Thx. Do u have the vista or Cruz? S/o that bought the vista told me she regrets not getting the Cruz cuz it's lighter and less clutzy...

amother

Post Fri, Jun 06 2014, 6:35 pm
I recommend the babyroues.It has all the features of the uppababy vista ,separate stroller seat and bassinet and it can fold with the seat on .It however has a big advantage over the vista as it's MUCH lighter .I personally find it much more attractive looking as well.I also love the easy way it wheels.It's also $150 cheaper than the vista.

Liebs

Post Sat, Jun 07 2014, 4:42 pm
I love my mountain buggy, Great with steps too.

Mother 4

Post Sat, Jun 07 2014, 5:43 pm
Bugaboo is really not heavy; it's actually very light, Mountain buggy is also very practical and easy to push.

amother

Post Sat, Jun 07 2014, 10:42 pm
I have the bugaboo and my sister has the uppa baby. I borrowed her ub thr other day and I personally think its super flimsy compared to thr bugaboo. I don't find the bugaboo heavy either. The new ones come with 3 year warranties and their cs is great

hlweee

Post Sat, Jun 07 2014, 11:19 pm
I have the mountain buggy cosmopolitan, love it. The seat/bassinet is one piece and it's far from clumsy. Check it out.

wifey

Post Sat, Jun 07 2014, 11:39 pm
I have the uppababy vista, LOVE it. I've had it for over 3 years, its been used with multiple kids and it is hands down the best baby purchase I made. I take it in and out of my car all the time and I find it bumps up steps and sidewalks easily. I don't find it heavy and love that I can use 1 stroller as a snap n go, a bassinet, toddler seat and now have a piggy back for when I don't feel like taking my double.

Willow43

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 2:27 am
amother wrote:
Thx. Do u have the vista or Cruz? S/o that bought the vista told me she regrets not getting the Cruz cuz it's lighter and less clutzy...

I have the vista and love it. Maybe go to the store and check both out so you can see what your personal preference is. I know people that are very happy with the Cruz, and it does have a smaller/lighter look to it. Also as far as the baby Rous I have 3 friends that have it and all HATE it and say its the biggest peice of junk (althought the leather canopy is really cute looking and easy to get sucked into the stroller bec of it)

citimom

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 4:57 am
I would def recommend getting the uppa Cruz. Their customer service is amazing. The Cruz vs. the vista due to its sleeker build. Much narrower but still the benefits of the vista (basket, durability etc).

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 8:21 am
I have the babyroues and I absolutely LOVE it.I have many friends as well that have it and LOVE it too.The main feature I love about it,is the weight.20 lbs with the wheels on.the wheeling is a breeze as well.I had a small issue once with the raincover and the customer service was amazing.I had a replacement raincover the next day!of course it's pretty look also attracted me.According to people I have spoken to who have the new 2014 model,they absolutely have no complaints as well.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 9:46 am
It seems that the reviewers of the baby roues are always amother.
I'm not saying this to be mean or obnoxious; I am following this thread because I am also interested in stroller reviews, as I am looking to purchase one. But I can't get a feel for the baby roues, it seems to be very mysterious, especially with all these anonymous reviewers! Anyone else feel that way too?

Tekky

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 9:54 am
Yea - both posters in this thread lauding the baby roues have identical bad grammar skills... hmmm...

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 10:12 am
you can check out the babyroues reviews on buy buy baby,amazon,etc.nothing suspicious about it .

Willow43

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 10:18 am
amother wrote:

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
you can check out the babyroues reviews on buy buy baby,amazon,etc.nothing suspicious about it .

Why are you amother to post something as identifying as above quoted post??
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics