Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
ISO stroller recommendation, plz help
Previous  1  2

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 10:23 am
Babyroues is a frum owned company. So it's very possible that a family member of the owner is promoting it here. I'm not saying she's lying about what she posts, just pointing out the possibility of bias.

The Happy Wife

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 10:27 am
Check out baby gizmo stroller reviews on you tube. I found them to be very helpful.

They also do a review of the baby roues. The bottom line from the review is that it has a lot of nice features, and is lighter than other comparable strollers, but is of noticeably lesser quality.

5*Mom

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 10:33 am
The Happy Wife wrote:
Check out baby gizmo stroller reviews on you tube. I found them to be very

Her reviews are the best. OT but very funny story: a couple of years ago I was doing obsessive research about strollers and watching gazillions of Hollie Schultz's video reviews with my then-20-mo-old. I finally chose one and a relative brought it from the States. In the morning when dd woke up, we had her new stroller all set up in the living room, and when she came downstairs and I asked her, "Whose new stroller is that?" she said, "Hollie Schultz!" It was a embarrassed moment for me.

cfriedman2

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 10:35 am
Hasn't it been an issue in the past that baby rous posted reviews themselves on imamother?

sleepless

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 11:09 am
I bought the baby roues about 3 months ago and so far I'm very happy with it. It pushes great and goes up stairs easily. I spoke to people who have it before purchasing it and got great reviews

groovy1224

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 11:18 am
The Happy Wife wrote:
Check out baby gizmo stroller reviews on you tube. I found them to be very helpful.

They also do a review of the baby roues. The bottom line from the review is that it has a lot of nice features, and is lighter than other comparable strollers, but is of noticeably lesser quality.

Really? I always find her reviews to actually be not so helpful.. I view them more as overviews, since you get to see how the stroller folds and stuff but she doesn't use the stroller long enough to cover any issues that a real user would have. Like if the frame is flimsy, or if the wheels get squeaky after a bit, or if the latch breaks. Like I find that she never says anything bad.. which I know she just doesn't want to bash anyone but I dont think I'd call her videos 'reviews.' A bit off topic but I thought I'd throw that out there.

5*Mom

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 11:24 am
groovy1224 wrote:
Really? I always find her reviews to actually be not so helpful.. I view them more as overviews, since you get to see how the stroller folds and stuff but she doesn't use the stroller long enough to cover any issues that a real user would have. Like if the frame is flimsy, or if the wheels get squeaky after a bit, or if the latch breaks. Like I find that she never says anything bad.. which I know she just doesn't want to bash anyone but I dont think I'd call her videos 'reviews.' A bit off topic but I thought I'd throw that out there.

If you watch enough of them you get to know which words she uses to describe a solid, high quality stroller vs. one that is less so. If you watch closely, you can even see a flimsy stroller for yourself in the videos. And she includes every single detailed spec about the strollers. I've found her to be right on the money. Plus I once emailed her with a question--I was choosing between 2 double strollers--and she emailed me back within a few hours with a very definitive answer as to which was a quality, long-lasting stroller and which one was just for show.

Yes, you will still want to speak to people who have owned that particular stroller for a while to find out how it holds up under actual wear.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 11:25 am
allthingsblue wrote:
It seems that the reviewers of the baby roues are always amother.
I'm not saying this to be mean or obnoxious; I am following this thread because I am also interested in stroller reviews, as I am looking to purchase one. But I can't get a feel for the baby roues, it seems to be very mysterious, especially with all these anonymous reviewers! Anyone else feel that way too?

Op here

That s one thing I ve noticed too. I would really appreciated a real view on the baby roues, not someone hiding behind amother ( I know I seem hypocritical, but I've been asking around a lot IRL and therefore chose to ask as amother)

Thanx everyone for your help. Keep it coming!

groovy1224

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 11:29 am
5*Mom wrote:
If you watch enough of them you get to know which words she uses to describe a solid, high quality stroller vs. one that is less so. If you watch closely, you can even see a flimsy stroller for yourself in the videos. And she includes every single detailed spec about the strollers. I've found her to be right on the money. Plus I once emailed her with a question--I was choosing between 2 double strollers--and she emailed me back within a few hours with a very definitive answer as to which was a quality, long-lasting stroller and which one was just for show.

Yes, you will still want to speak to people who have owned that particular stroller for a while to find out how it holds up under actual wear.

I Definitely agree with you that she talks differently abt strollers that maybe are a little flimsier or are more difficult to operate.. but there are still some things you can't know until you've used it for real for at least a few months. I've never emailed her though; nice that she emailed you back

Tech_mom

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 1:45 pm
I always devour reviews before buying products - especially higher ticket items. It can be really hard to tease out the real info.

That being said, I have the baby roues for a little more than a year. I have posted before about the stroller. My original post was earlier on when I had it for only a short time.

My basic review hasn't changed. I have found that it is a cinch to push. Ever push a stroller one handed while holding on to a small child? It is really a pleasure in that regard. I also really like the way it folds and goes up stairs.

Feel free to post/PM me and I will try to post back.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 3:09 pm
Tech_mom wrote:
I always devour reviews before buying products - especially higher ticket items. It can be really hard to tease out the real info.

That being said, I have the baby roues for a little more than a year. I have posted before about the stroller. My original post was earlier on when I had it for only a short time.

My basic review hasn't changed. I have found that it is a cinch to push. Ever push a stroller one handed while holding on to a small child? It is really a pleasure in that regard. I also really like the way it folds and goes up stairs.

Feel free to post/PM me and I will try to post back.

Thanks for an unanonymous review!!!

I have heard that the quallity on the baby roues is a bit poor. I m wondering if you see this as a carriage that can last thru a few kids or will look shot after one... Thanks

Tech_mom

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 12:46 pm
I have opened and closed this stroller countless time (in the car and out etc.) and it is holding up. (I am a working mother so I am not strolling around everyday.)

I did have a small issue with one of the wheels. I contacted customer service and they took care of it for me that same day. I hope that kind customer oriented service remains. It definitely says something about the company.

The stroller is extremely lightweight (makes it easy to schlep even big kids up the steps). I always wonder if the new materials hold up like the older heavier materials. Are they constructed better or is it just the way things are done?

Not sure if this helps you. I haven't passed it down yet. My other strollers, I did use for multiple children, but even my Perego Pliko P3 didn't stand up as well I would have expected. It went through 2 kids. As with anything- how you treat it definitely has a lot to do with its longevity. We put a toddler on the back of my Pliko and it definitely wore it down faster for that reason.

Good luck with your choice Smile

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 2:07 pm
I always say this when it comes to strollers. There are pros and cons to every single one.
Make up a list of what you want in a stroller in preference order so for example if the most important thing to you is weight it goes on top.
Also circle the things you don't mind giving up on so if you really would love a large basket but much prefer a blue stroller, you will give up the basket if the stroller is blue etc.

For what you have said so far, you don't want a heavy stroller, you want something easy to bump up and down stairs etc.
Bugaboo is great to wheel but heavy and not ideal with the whole seat removal for folding situation unless you get the new buffalo but that is over your budget.

If you are in the States I do not know if they sell the Joolz here
(there are some websites that ship internationally), it is a great stroller. My sister has it and it is fabulous to wheel. It definitely weighs more than the city mini but not nearly as much as the bugaboo. It folds with the seat. It wheels so easily, with one hand, it is light and smooth to push and easy on the stairs. It also has a nice size bassinet and seat for the baby/toddler.
The two cons are that 1) the wheels are on the outside of teh frame making it a bit on the wider side and 2) the basket is pretty tiny but you can get a huge net bag/basket attachment which is pretty awesome.

There is also the uppababy. Not the vista, that is really really heavy. The cruz is more of a stroller so the wheels are not as smooth. The suspension not as good but it definitely is smaller and lightweight. It comes with a bassinet and seat option and I think it folds with the seat attached if I am not mistaken. It also has a decent sized basket. And the hood of the seat goes pretty far down to protect from sun.

Other ones to look into:
Stroll-air
peg perego skate
phil and teds
mountain buggy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics