Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Awkward situation. What would you do?
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 4:15 pm
amother wrote:
I have a couple of kids with ADHD and I've learned you have to be blunt. Just tell them if they're doing something that bugs you. They honestly don't know.

Next time (and you know there will be a next time!), serve your guest and yourself quickly before you open the door!

I don't know what to do about your pantry situation, that's so weird! I would probably not say anything, it would be too uncomfortable. Maybe you can go on a fake health kick and have only stuff your SIL doesn't like in the pantry for a few weeks, until she stops looking for stuff there? (You can keep the real stuff in a rubbermaid container in your bedroom until it's safe to bring it back out.) Maybe that's a dumb idea but it's what I'd probably do!

Hah--she's on a health kick and only eats the healthy stuff which is usually more expensive. She has great self control and won't cheat but nuts and proteins are allowed on her diet and she'll take whatever we have. But honestly, this week that was the least of my concerns!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 4:37 pm
Then I would totally be hoarding the nuts & whatever other foods she's allowed, in my bedroom! Problem solved! (Until she switches diets.)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics