Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ISO small, friendly, safe, cheap community
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sat, Jun 07 2014, 11:32 pm
We are looking to move. Right now we live in a very small OOT community. We are looking for a warm, yeshivish, cheap, friendly OOT community. It should also be a relatively safe place to live.
Any suggestions?

amother

Post Sat, Jun 07 2014, 11:34 pm
I do not live there but Waterbury Connecticut came to my mind.

out-of-towner

Post Sat, Jun 07 2014, 11:45 pm
Atlanta sounds like it might be an option for you. I understand that housing in the Toco Hills area, which is the biggest area Frum community wise, is pretty inexpensive. Its a very warm, OOT, southern community. You can check out the Shul's website just google Beth Jacob Atlanta.

busymother

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 10:15 pm
Are you interested in moving closer to midwest? Would South Bend or Cincinnati be an option?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 11:19 pm
amother wrote:
I do not live there but Waterbury Connecticut came to my mind.

Waterbury is not particularly warm or friendly but it is cheap.

ElTam

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 11:24 pm
Cleveland: warm, yeshivish, cheap and friendly. Two schools that have yeshivish student bodies. Telshe Yeshiva very close. Several kollels. Community eruv and Rambam eruv for more yeshivish neighborhood. Two mikvahs, plus two keli mikvehs. Kosher grocery, two kosher butchers, two kosher bakeries, some restaurant options.

For one neighborhood, Cleveland Heights, the community is offering 0% interest loans to help with down payments and there is a grant program if you buy on certain streets that are largely frum but that the community is trying to move more frum families onto.

Check out www.jewishclevelandheights.com or email chjewish@gmail.com

justmarried:)

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 11:52 pm
Detroit

busydev

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 1:32 am
my first thought was south bend.

Seraph

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 1:48 am
I would recommend Cleveland too.

cookiemilk

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 4:43 am
Anyone knowcanything about linden, elizabeth, west orange, springfield, or edison? We are considering to move to one of these areas. Nj.

smiledr

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:19 am
Edison has a warm yeshivish community but it's not cheaper - a few hundred k will get u a small 3 bedroom house in the frummer area and where I live ull pay way more for a slightly bigger 3-4 bedroom. I love living here but pple don't move here for the real estate - they love for proximity to jobs/family.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:29 am
To the OP: my first thought was also Cleveland.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:59 am
cookiemilk are you the op? Linden is not a yesheivish community. There is a boys yeshiva there that is yeshievish and then there is a very MO community. The mo shul rents space to the yeshiva but they don't really have anything to do with each other. I have family who lives there.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
cookiemilk are you the op? Linden is not a yesheivish community. There is a boys yeshiva there that is yeshievish and then there is a very MO community. The mo shul rents space to the yeshiva but they don't really have anything to do with each other. I have family who lives there.

I've just heard of people moving to Linden. How large is the community?

smiledr

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 12:26 pm
Linden is very small and mo.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 13 2014, 10:56 am
checkout houston
yihouston.org

http://www.relocatehouston.org/

amother

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 2:26 am
Cleveland, OH is wonderful. White Oak, PA (near Pittsburgh) might be even cheaper (possible rent incentives/cheap rent and I've heard the Pittsburgh schools are very committed to making it possible for people to attend regardless of finances).

cookiemilk

Post Mon, Jun 16 2014, 5:33 am
Cherry Hill? The community is wonderful and very mixed. Anyone know more about what its like to live there?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 12:50 am
I'm hearing that you want local to NYC but just in case you would consider moving further...

I loved Dallas TX while I lived there.. Very warm!! Very small and definitely a lot cheaper than brooklyn.

I lived in a 4 bedroom house with 2 car garage back yard etc. etc. etc. for 1200 or a one bedroom for like 500 a month.

The Rav and his wife there and many other people are dolls. Big shul has a kiddish every week so the community is very close. Wonderful place!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 5:56 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I've just heard of people moving to Linden. How large is the community?

Very small, a ton of politics and very cliquey. We went there for a Shabbat community check out recently and were not impressed at all. Not suitable for anyone other than very MO who went to Rutgers and knows lots of Rutgers Hillel people- they all seemed to know each other for many years.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating