Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Best iron-on camp labels?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 9:49 am
I bought labels years ago from a company that doesn't seem to be around. Those labels are great! The ones I bought last year started to peel after one washing. TIA!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 9:58 am
Last year I bought labels from a company called mables labels. They have sticker labels (as well as iron on ones I think). The stickers were so easy to put on, my kid was able to do it herself. The stickers are still attached, one year later.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 10:04 am
I don't send kids to camp, but I do label their clothing. I highly recommend buying a custom laundry stamp. they don't wash out. they may fade, but not much. it depends on the material of the clothing. I don't recall which website I ordered from. I have a "trodat printy 4911" stamp. it claims not to need heat setting, but I would consider doing it anyway. that involves running the clothing through a dryer cycle. the stamp is much easier than ironing on/sewing on labels. the kids could do it themselves. totally worth it, imo.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 12:00 pm
Thanks to both of you!
And Mummiedearest, having worked with little kids, good on you for labeling.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 6:27 pm
pinkfridge, I actually don't use the stamp for labeling in the traditional sense. I use it as a cheap replacement for the embroidery required on my dd's school uniform shirts. I had one made with the school initials. it's a huge savings for me. just thought other cheapskates out there would like that tip Smile . the things I label otherwise are labeled by hand with marker (I have cloth markers). I intend to get a laundry stamp with our name and number on it when my youngest starts preschool. I really hate writing everything in by hand on that many items.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 8:47 pm
If you use this site, it's a fantastic product and supports a Jewish school:

www.cheder.labeldaddy.com
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics