Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
How to get the Chicken cutlet grill marks??

#1mama

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 11:06 am
I'm trying to figure this out:)
What's the recipe or method to make delicious grilled chicken, moist and tender from inside with grill marks ?

Can I do it in an electric home grill?

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 11:16 am
If you can't use a real grill or BBQ, use a grill pan

nottelling

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 12:13 pm
I found the trick for getting those perfect black grill lines is not moving the chicken from the moment you put it on the boiling hot grill (grill pan or electric grill etc...), until you are positive its ready to be turned over (for me its a couple of minutes). and then repeat with side number 2-- not moving until its completely done. not even a nudge, it's not allowed to move!

I use a grill pan. I spray with pam, make sure the pan is very hot before starting, and again don't move the chicken!! it's everyones favorite!

good luck.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 12:22 pm
Super heat the grill (doesn't matter what kind, or if it's a cast-iron pan on the stove) before placing the chicken cutlet down. Don't let it go too long, then flip and when you hear the sizzle, you know it's getting the marks.

Levtov

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 1:06 pm
What do you marinate it in? to get the same grilled taste as store-bought or at a gourmet catered wedding? I want to know their secret of delicious moist inside softness and grilled taste? I tried grill pan and never the same by me?

yaelinIN

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 2:01 pm
HIGH heat for 6-8 minutes at least to heat up the pan, grease the grill pan with an oil soaked paper towel after heating, let it cook for at least 8 minutes on a side (if not flattened, if flattened, 2-3 minutes). Don't touch it or move it until that time has passed. You can marinade the chicken breast in olive oil and lots of garlic and spices, but it's good plain if you get the char marks in it. Get a meat thermometer to check the doneness after you flip the breast and cook it on it's second side for 5-6 minutes - 150 degrees F maximum and then let it rest for 5-6 minutes after cooking (or the breast feels medium firm, not rock hard and not squishy). That's how you make a great looking and tasting grilled chicken breast.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey