Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Good stroller $300 and under- possible?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 4:09 pm
I need a new stroller for my upcoming baby , iyh. The last one I bought was a zooper and I did like it, but it didn't last long.
I need a few impt features-
1) good tires and easy to push on uneven sidewalks ( we plan to move soon and the new area has really broken bumpy cracked sidewalks)
2) lightweight to push and lift up stairs
3) will be good for a newborn and last a while- so it needs to be decent quality
4) it would be nice to have an adjustable push bar since I'm a lot shorter than Dh and I found the Zooper too tall. ( I'm 5'2)
However, I don't have 500 or more dollars to spend on a stroller. Is there a stroller w the features I need that is around $300? Or is that a pipe dream?
I really don't care about fancy brands, btw.
Anon bec of preg and moving details.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 4:12 pm
city mini is decent and will last for one kid. (but not really for more Sad unless you don't care what it looks like) Light, easy to push, but not an adjustable bar. You can get car seat adaptors and use it with a car seat. Not sure if you can use with a newborn though.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 4:17 pm
The Britax B-Agile fits all your requirements except for the adjustable handlebar. Its under $300, works for a newborn, easy to fold, relatively lightweight. If you get the travel system it is amazing because it works like a snap-n-go, just snap the car seat into the stroller...no need for a complicated car seat piece like the CityMini. However, the entire travel system is relatively heavy, the car seat weighs a lot on its own.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 4:35 pm
I have these two strollers and am very happy with them. They meet all of your criteria, but I'm not sure if the bar is adjustable. You can read the description or contact the company and ask.
IMHO they are WAY better than any "fancy" stroller I've tried/had,

http://www.amazon.com/Contours.....oller (I have the double version, and it's GREAT)

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Tre.....oller

ronbonboo

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 4:45 pm
I am a babysitter. I have experience using the bumble ride, uppababy, mt buggy, bugaboo, britax, city mini, as well as Graco, b.o.b and baby trend. And my suggestion is baby trend. It has big wheels so better "off roading," you can attach car seat so can skip the snap n go, I didn't have to adjust the handle bar so I didn't check if it could.

Shopmiami49

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 4:53 pm
Raisin wrote:
city mini is decent and will last for one kid. (but not really for more Sad unless you don't care what it looks like) Light, easy to push, but not an adjustable bar. You can get car seat adaptors and use it with a car seat. Not sure if you can use with a newborn though.

My city mini is going on 6 years and is just starting to show its first sign of wear and tear - my fourth baby to use it is 1.5 yrs now and has been using it since day one. Just sayin...

I think the Elite has an adjustable handlebar. Check out their website - babyjogger.com

SRS

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 4:55 pm
Call around to local consignment stores. I've seen very high quality strollers at significant discount. Sometimes grandparents will buy a stroller to have around and will later try and recover some funds.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 5:19 pm
I bought a used Bugaboo Cameleon on Craigslist for $200. Also, check out the Mutsy Evo.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 5:54 pm
amother wrote:
I have these two strollers and am very happy with them. They meet all of your criteria, but I'm not sure if the bar is adjustable. You can read the description or contact the company and ask.
IMHO they are WAY better than any "fancy" stroller I've tried/had,

http://www.amazon.com/Contours.....oller (I have the double version, and it's GREAT)

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Tre.....oller

Not op but looking into double strollers looks great which one do u have option LT or optima aluminum?

gp2.0

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 6:05 pm
Honestly the cheap snap n go that the carseat snaps into meets all your criteria.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 6:16 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Honestly the cheap snap n go that the carseat snaps into meets all your criteria.

Snap and go has a horrible push. It will be a nightmare on bumpy sidewalks.

I would recommend the city mini, but only with the gt tires http://m.albeebaby.com/baby-jo.....T8ANw

ElTam

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 6:24 pm
Go on amazon and search for graco. They have some with big wheels. My graco lasted through two kids and would have lasted through three but I put it in the garage and a feral cat decided to sleep on it. Very good value for money.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 6:28 pm
amother wrote:
Not op but looking into double strollers looks great which one do u have option LT or optima aluminum?

Contours Options. I use it nearly every single day, and it is GREAT. Huge basket, comfy seats, a lot of different positions, folds easily, sturdy wheels, and has an option to put in the carseat.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 6:34 pm
Op here thank you all so much!

mommy27

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 8:20 pm
graco urbanlite and metrolite both have adjustable handles. They are very easy to push strollers and definitely cost less than $300.

justmarried

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 9:00 pm
I have a Maclaren techno XT stroller that I love. It lasted great through both of my kids. It wheels really great, has an easy and small fold. The handlebar is adjustable as well. I bought the tz because I wanted it to lay flat.

I know that now the Maclaren Quest also lays flat, and it's cheaper than the techno, so maybe check that out.

lifesajourney

Post Sun, Jun 08 2014, 10:32 pm
Valco Baby is my favorite- coming from a former city-mini owner. The city mini is great except it doesn't recline enough for a baby, nor does it sit up enough for some older kids, and the storage basket is a bit hard to get to. The valco zee has what the city mini offers, but more. It lays all the way back for a newborn, sits up enough for when they get older, huge accessible basket, and awesome wheels. It's also car seat compatible, has an adjustable bar, and you can also buy a bassinet insert as well. Selling for $200 on amazon now

http://www.valcobaby.com/produ......html

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 11:21 am
Ebay and previous years models are your friends.
Craigslist is good too

wereafamily

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 11:37 am
Baby jogger - City Versa, I am really happy with it!

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jun 09 2014, 11:43 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
Snap and go has a horrible push. It will be a nightmare on bumpy sidewalks.

What do you mean by nightmare? I had one cheap umbrella stroller that would literally get stuck in cracks and pitch forward dangerously, but I've never had this problem with the snap and go.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics