Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Walled Secrets
1  2  Next

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 1:06 am
People on Imamother asked me to tell them when my book was published.

So.

About that.

My book.

It is published.

So.

Yeah.

The End.

Conclusion: I am good at many things. Am not so good as self-promotion, it turns out.

But anyway, past the Awkward, here it is! Well, not IT it, but a link. But you KNOW what I mean because you are smart.

Walled Secrets--or at least, a link to it

You can buy it. You can love it. You can lick it. (Seriously, you can. It's your copy.)

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 3:59 am
I clicked on the link.

I'm a cynic - I wondered how you could be called "popular author" with only one new book.

And then I found your extraordinary Aish articles. I am crying as I write this. You write so beautifully and movingly!

Hatzlocho rabo. You REALLY deserve it Cheers

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 4:32 am
Thank you for your kind words; those articles are important to me.

I actually write for Ami magazine, (weekly serials and short stories in AIM! and a serial and articles in Ami Living) so I guess they took the liberty of using the term "popular" from my apparent popularity as a magazine writer.

Magazine aside, it does seem audacious to be called a popular author with one book barely under my belt, but apparently I am huge in Japan.

Just kidding. I'm not that big a deal in Japan; but I can't show my face in Bucksnort, Tennessee without being mobbed.

I think that's even a real place.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 5:05 am
but apparently I am huge in Japan

Good luck with the diet Tongue Out

Then again, Japan is a good place to be huge, what with being the home of sumo wrestling and all...

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 5:28 am
It's just the book under my belt. Smile

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 5:34 am
GREAT COMEBACK! Rolling Laughter

(this is why you're a writer!)

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 7:36 am
WHO WOULDA THUNK IT! shock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.....essee

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 7:41 am
Ha!

Oops.

Gotta make up another city where I am idolized now.

Ragweed, Ohio taken?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:04 am
No Ma'am, that there hick town is still a-waitin' to be built - darn zoning regulations!

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:13 am
Perfect.

sky

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:21 am
congrats.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:25 am
This has been fun, but I really need to get on with my day! My walls have their own secrets and I need to clean and tidy them embarrassed

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 2:13 pm
Sky--thank you!

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 2:21 pm
OMG! Dina Neuman! On the way to becoming one of my most favorite authors!
Have to be anon because what mature woman in her right mind would admit to reading those hilarious stories in AIM?

syrima

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 3:41 pm
Congrats!
What age audience is it for, in your opinion?

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 4:43 pm
Anonymous mature woman in her right mind, I get so many secret confessions that I am beginning to wonder if more adults read my stuff than the kids! So you are in good company. And thanks for your kind words!

syrima, it's YA (young adult), like for young teenagers. Also for mature women in their right minds (see above). Smile

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 4:48 pm
BTW, Dina, do I remember correctly, was that you with the Thing One and Thing Two Purim costumes? We were cracking up bec DD had her kids dressed as them - and her DH had a Cat Hat.

wif

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 4:57 pm
Yes, twas me. It's still one of my favorite costumes--and books!

wif

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:07 am
Disclaimer:

Someone asked me in this thread what age Walled Secrets is for, and I said YA. But as I received more fan mail for the book from adults than teens, and the bookstores have it listed as a regular novel, I was told to bow to the verdict of the people. So here is me, bowing and saying that basically, it's whatever you want it to be. Except edible. At least, not unless you are under extreme circumstances or appreciate the the taste of fresh ink.

studying_torah

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:14 am
Couldn't open the link to your book but mazel tov! What an accomplishment!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room