Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
While nursing I...
1  2  Next

kelsorino

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 2:25 pm
I know we had a post like this before but I must share.

I just got out of bed while nursing, put him on the counter, made a sandwhich, washed and went back to bed with out him unlatching!!!

What have you done while nursing?

abaker

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 2:32 pm
-surf imamother
-put pb on toast for another kid (baby on counter too haha)
-talk on the phone
-eat

Very Happy

animeme

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 2:53 pm
Got kids ready for school, including wake up, dressing them, serving cereal and milk, making lunches.

Dr. Toes

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 3:00 pm
Love this thread! I just did the baby-on-the-counter maneuver while making breakfast for my DD and I was thinking how funny it was... turns out we all do it!

clowny

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 3:48 pm
I once used the bathroom while nursing. Thinking about it makes me laugh out loud. I just couldn't wait one more second.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 4:05 pm
I've nursed my babies...

while taking a bath
in the back row of a dark theater (while my younger sister sat next to me, horrified, LOL)
in my car, in parking lots and on the side of the NJ Turnpike
in the dressing room at Target

anon613

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 4:36 pm
While taking a bath???

Etonnemoi

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 5:38 pm
Baked a cake
used bathroom
at HS play (hey, it was dark, and I had to go for work (!!!) believe me I would have rather been home)
parked cars
typing (all the time), writing
eating/drinking supper (all the time)
once while making supper
doctor's office (I hid behind my carriage - there was no choice)
airports (ditto)
plane

I think I even once washed a dish or two.

oh, yeah, bath too. somehow I found that weirder than anything else.

kelsorino

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 7:27 pm
Lol. In the bath??

I often wonder what men would do if they needed to nurse. Us women are such good multi-taskers. I would never let my husband know exactly how much I am capable of while I am nursing. LOL

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:48 pm
ayshis wrote:
While taking a bath???

I was doing mikvah prep at home (for some reason, no bath was available at the mikvah that night) and the baby just wouldn't stop screaming. I had to hang out in the tub for 45 minutes anyway, so, um, yeah.

only did it once, but hey, this was a "what crazy thing have you done while nursing thread" Very Happy

I guess I win, then? Wink

chatz

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:01 pm
Actually, someone I know had a 10 month old who went on a nursing strike. She got a recommendation to cuddle the baby with her in the bath. It worked.

Bath, I can imagine. On counter, I cannot.

As for me, nursing twin A, bottle feeding twin B at the same time.

momx6

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 10:47 pm
Nursed my twin babies at the same time and cut their nails while nursing!

Raisin

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 12:56 am
bigsis144 wrote:
I was doing mikvah prep at home (for some reason, no bath was available at the mikvah that night) and the baby just wouldn't stop screaming. I had to hang out in the tub for 45 minutes anyway, so, um, yeah.

only did it once, but hey, this was a "what crazy thing have you done while nursing thread" Very Happy

I guess I win, then? Wink

I did this often when I just had one baby. If I was home alone and having a bath and the baby woke up I would bring her into the bath with me. It was fun.

Otherwise, I read, go on the computer, do my emails on my phone.

Beyla

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 2:08 am
While nursing .... I was giving a shiur! LOL

Well, baby wouldn't stop crying and I needed peace and quiet to concentrate.

simchamommy

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 2:31 am
changed the baby's diaper

1workingmom

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 9:47 am
Honestly you people are so multi talented. Now are you all serious? Or is this just a joke? I need to hold onto baby and breast to make sure it doesn't go flying. Hey I have very big breasts so maybe thats why. If I wouldn't be holding my breast, my baby could have easily been chocked by it. So when I nurse, its nursing only. Love the peace and quiet. Its like as if the world is on hold for now.

ilovesem

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 10:24 am
Before I had kids, I went to a birthing class which had sessions every week. Most of us were first time mothers. One week they had a lactation consultant there explaining to us how to do it all. She was saying that it can be done discreetly anywhere and most people don't even realise what you are doing. And she then said that she was feeding right then. None of us had realised, we were all concentrating on what she was saying and didn't notice.

However, I am the opposite. I have to sit there doing nothing and concentrate on the feed or it doesn't go well. I can go on the computer or watch a movie but it makes the feed take longer. And I absolutely cannot feed Tzniyos'ly in public!

sunny90

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 10:53 am
With my first two boys, they were excellent nursers and I used to walk around nursing them, could basically do anything at the same time and it wouldnt disturb them. I've nursed in a car leaning over the carseat, while baking (cooking scared me a little because of the fire), while playing with boy #1...etc.
Now with my Mr High Maintenence Boy #3, he is a terrible nurser, always latches and unlatches and generally doesn't make it the most restful of experiences. By the time I realized that it wasn't going to get any better, he wouldn't take a bottle, so we're sticking with nursing, but the most I can do is read or watch something on the computer (actually doing things on the computer is too distracting for His Highness Tongue Out)

mandr

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 12:05 pm
Gosh I'm jealous at what you all can do while nursing! While I nurse, the only thing I can do is NURSE. I use two hands, sometimes I can manage to sneak out one and use my phone one-handedly. My baby is a distracted eater so we nurse in my bedroom, on my bed, same position every time, no noise. Nobody is allowed to come in unless they are very quiet. Nursing in the car works sometimes. I mean, they'll be shorter feeds.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 12:23 pm
Got the other kids into pj's and bed(every night for a week till we rescheduled)
Bathed big ds1
made dinner
answered the door (oops!) I poked my head around the corner
emptied the washer
ran to get the phone
Slept- this one is more common
Tried to sew... doesn't work
Ate dinner- that happens way too often
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics