Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Wedding invitation responses

amother

Post Tue, Jun 10 2014, 8:10 pm
As the groom's mother I am wondering whether all the response cards get sent to the mother of the bride? or do you send each side's responses to them? and if so, how do you do that if the bride's side is doing and sending all the invitations? (if they all go to the bride's side then I understand the groom's side can get updates daily and sent all the actual response cards also)
Not sure it matters anyway LOL just wondering how people have found it worked best for them.

tia

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 7:42 am
You decide.
Many put the adresses of both sides, some only one, some emails of the young people or of one of them.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 7:49 am
I think people who have done chasunahs find it easiest to have one address for all responses in order to track it best and ensure the placecards, food, etc is done most efficiently.

Smile1234

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 10:59 am
Guests of the brides side get response cards with the brides side address on the envelope, and Groom's guests get response cards with the grooms side's address on the envelope. Simple enough.

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 11:17 am
For my wedding, my parents received all of the reply cards, but my mother was in constant contact with my ILs about who responded, and sent all of the response cards from their side back to them, as many of them had beautiful Mazal Tov wishes on them. She also gave me the reply cards from my friends.

ElTam

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 2:39 pm
AFAIK, response cards always go to one side or the other. (Usually, the bride.)

kb

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 3:22 pm
We always did that each side sent out their invitations to their list, and we printed self addressed return envelopes - our side to our side, their side to their side. So you end up getting all the responses to the people you invited only.

Then, before the wedding, each side does their own place cards based on their responses.

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 6:55 pm
Eilu ve-eilu. Whatever floats your boat. This is not a matter of halacha.
Some people have them all sent to the bride or her parents. Some have guests send to whichever "side" invited them, (this involves an extra charge for printing up two sets of reply envelopes) and the planners update each other on how many people they have. And some couples open an email account just for wedding responses, to which they both have access. Smart kids, knowing their pals are much more likely to respond promptly by email.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics