Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Newest model Sienna

Chippies

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 10:01 pm
We are planning to buy a used Sienna and we're debating between the older model (we'd likely get a 2009 or 2010) or a newer model (2011). We will definitely get the 8 seater. I know that the newer model has a small 8th seat that is not big enough for a carseat or booster. What I'd like to know is whether we can put a car seat on both of the side seats in the middle row beside the doors. Would the kids still be able to get to the back? I heard that the middle seat can come out - is that easily done? I keep asking the car guys at the used car dealerships and they don't seem to know anything. I want the 8 seats because we may need it in the future for carpooling, but at the same time, I want it to be convenient for my kids on a day to day basis. I currently have two kids in car seats and one in a booster. I feel like the older model may be better, but we just found a newer model for a good deal, so we're considering it. Please let me know if there are any other issues we should be aware of regarding the sienna!
Thanks.

faigyl

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 10:11 pm
I have the 2011 sienna for 2 years now. I keep my car seats like that and I don't put in the middle seat. I think it's pretty easy though. There is no problem getting to the back. Just make sure you don't get the ce model. You need the electric doors!

sky

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 10:17 pm
Did the 8th seat get smaller in the newer models?
I have a much older Sienna with 8 seats and I have always had a car seat there (never a booster). I like that the seat slides closer and an infant seat there is much more accessible.

Chippies

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 11:01 pm
Yes, the 8th seat is smaller in the newest models since 2011.

Am I correct in thinking that if the 8th seat is not removed, then with a car seat on each side, it would be impossible to get to the back row (without jumping over awkwardly)?

When the 8th seat is removed, is there a convenient place to store it in the van? Or must it be stored elsewhere?

Chippies

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 11:03 pm
faigyl wrote:
I have the 2011 sienna for 2 years now. I keep my car seats like that and I don't put in the middle seat. I think it's pretty easy though. There is no problem getting to the back. Just make sure you don't get the ce model. You need the electric doors!

Just wondering now, why is it so important to have electric doors? Is it something you really need that often? I guess because I don't have it now, I just don't see why it's so essential.

faigyl

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 11:21 pm
It's stored in a special slot on the wall of the trunk. The doors are amazing! You press a button and the kids hops in / out. Also, the sliding doors can be heavy. When you have big kids that can buckle themselves it makes life and carpool very easy to just hit a button to open and close the doors.

Aetrsnrady

Post Wed, Jun 11 2014, 11:47 pm
We had the old 8 seater sienna and loved it. When it got totaled, we went with an Odyssey because we couldn't stand the new tiny, uncomfortable 8th seat.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jun 12 2014, 11:12 am
I would DEFINITELY get an older one if you could with decent mileage. I have an older model and just convinced my brother in law to also get one, and he agreed. I currently have 6 kids, all in boosters/car seats, and it's tight enough in the back row. If I had no room for a full car seat in the middle middle, it would be virtually impossible for me to have my vehicle for my kids. Kids should be in boosters until their feet can reach the floor when sitting all the way back on the seat. Most kids don't reach this for a good long while. In addition, having the middle seat fit a car seat means I can leave the side seat empty for a booster so it can easily fold down for people to get in the back....meaning in the middle row from passenger side to driver's side I have: booster (removable), full car seat, full car seat. If I couldn't put a car seat in that middle seat, life would be a lot more stressful for me, and I'd probably have upgraded by now to a 12 passenger!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars