Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
You can help return our boys!
1  2  Next

MountainRose

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 5:28 am
All American citizens, please sign this petition ASAP. It takes less than 5 minutes, and it will ensure that Obama can't ignore the American minor kidnapped with his friends in an allied country!
Sign it, then get your husband to sign it, your friends, your coworkers! The sooner it reaches 10,000, the sooner Obama must act.

https://petitions.whitehouse.g.....N4R2H

June

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 5:46 am
just signed.

although I don't think the govt will do anything Crying

abound

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 5:52 am
I signed but I do not think it will help, We really must daven.

smilingmom

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 6:23 am
Signed and shared on Facebook.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 6:38 am
I doubt Obama will do anything useful on this matter. Except perhaps urge us to trade more terrorists for these innocent boys, which in turn encourages more kidnappings...

Perhaps it's best not to ask him to get involved. He'd just muck things up more by tying our hands if we wanted to actually do something about it.

Sanguine

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 6:54 am
The media is having a field day blaming the mitnachalim for letting our kids tremp. And they blamed the Tel Avivis who got blown up in coffee shops during the intifada?!?

It just drives me crazy how people are so blind. How can anyone think there can be peace with people who never play by the rules. People who kill babies and kidnap kids. Time and time again the arabs prove what savages they are and that they have absolutely no intention of having civilized peace.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 7:05 am
I will sign it, but I don't think it will do much. The only thing it will guarantee is that someone has to read it, it doesn't guarantee action....

Happy18

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 7:34 am
Signed. I was just about to post this link. It doesn't matter if Obama doesn't respond. if we get enough signatures fast enough it shows something.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 7:51 am
Happy18 wrote:
Signed. I was just about to post this link. It doesn't matter if Obama doesn't respond. if we get enough signatures fast enough it shows something.

Of course it shows something, that's why I signed. But it's like liking a picture on Facebook. It's nice, and it's good for morale, but it doesn't actually do anything.

Sanguine

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 8:15 am
This petition is moving very slowly but we've completed sefer tehillim 69 times already!! I guess that proves where people's faith really is

m in Israel

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 8:19 am
Sanguine wrote:
This petition is moving very slowly but we've completed sefer tehillim 69 times already!! I guess that proves where people's faith really is

The link I connected to said that Sefer Tehilim has been finished 497 times! And yes, I agree it shows something.

I also signed that petition somewhat hesitantly. My thoughts were similar to Dr Mom's -- maybe it's better for Obama NOT to be involved. It may give the Israeli government and the IDF more flexibility to approach this as they see fit if Obama is not closely involved in the process. . .

5*Mom

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 8:20 am
Sanguine wrote:
The media is having a field day blaming the mitnachalim for letting our kids tremp. And they blamed the Tel Avivis who got blown up in coffee shops during the intifada?!?

It just drives me crazy how people are so blind. How can anyone think there can be peace with people who never play by the rules. People who kill babies and kidnap kids. Time and time again the arabs prove what savages they are and that they have absolutely no intention of having civilized peace.

THIS IS CRAZY!!! WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS, "WE ALL KNOW THE ARABS ARE SAVAGES SO WHY ARE YOU LETTING YOUR KIDS HITCHHIKE?" GAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! THEY KNOW! THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS, AND STILL...

Sorry for the shouting. I'm not dealing well with this at all.

Sanguine

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 8:25 am
m in Israel wrote:
The link I connected to said that Sefer Tehilim has been finished 497 times! And yes, I agree it shows something.

What link? I guess not this one http://tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=fCyQdDiMTc

So what link do you have?

Roots

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 8:35 am
signed it also.
this is so scary. I'm going to kotel tonight for the atzeret tefillah.
I really really hope it will end up being a prayer of thanks to Hashem for finding the boys safe and sound.

m in Israel

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 8:38 am
Sanguine wrote:
What link? I guess not this one http://tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=fCyQdDiMTc

So what link do you have?

Interesting -- seems like it is the same site but a different post? In any case, this one is already over 500, so presumably they are each in addition to each other -- meaning it is the number on your link PLUS this one! May all these tefilos be answered bikarov litovah, and may our boys be brought home safely!!!

http://tehilimyahad.com/mr.jsp?r=vX3RryXPbK

Sanguine

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 8:43 am
5*Mom wrote:
THIS IS CRAZY!!! WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS, "WE ALL KNOW THE ARABS ARE SAVAGES SO WHY ARE YOU LETTING YOUR KIDS HITCHHIKE?" GAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! THEY KNOW! THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS, AND STILL...

Sorry for the shouting. I'm not dealing well with this at all.

Much as I hate it my kids won't stop hitchhiking. They drive home at 2 AM too (I don't sleep well). That's the strength of this country. This is our home(land) and no one is going to scare us away. Grown-ups are more cautious but kids don't let their mortality stand in the way of their ideals.

I live in the Shomron but I don't understand how (some) city people think they'd be safe if only we weren't here. If we went back to '67 borders and created a Palestinian state what would happen? They'd have an army and kill us all.

How are World Leaders so blind? (or is that what they want?)

chaiz

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 8:49 am
5*Mom wrote:

You are right!! I know full well that the Arabs are savages! (And before anyone comes attacking me for being racist and prejudiced, please realize that there was celebration at the news of the kidnapping in the Arab areas. So yes, it is not one or two) So since I know this fact and I cannot do much to change this reality I do not want my husband or siblings to tramp. Not ch'v blaming the victims- the perps are wholly and completely responsible, but saying I do not want this.

June

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 9:17 am
RutiS wrote:
signed it also.
this is so scary. I'm going to kotel tonight for the atzeret tefillah.
I really really hope it will end up being a prayer of thanks to Hashem for finding the boys safe and sound.

what time is the atzeret? I would like to go also

5*Mom

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 9:22 am
chaiz wrote:
You are right!! I know full well that the Arabs are savages! (And before anyone comes attacking me for being racist and prejudiced, please realize that there was celebration at the news of the kidnapping in the Arab areas. So yes, it is not one or two) So since I know this fact and I cannot do much to change this reality I do not want my husband or siblings to tramp. Not ch'v blaming the victims- the perps are wholly and completely responsible, but saying I do not want this.

Please don't go there. Not now.

chaiz

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 9:24 am
5*Mom wrote:
Please don't go there. Not now.

Sorry. Did not mean to offend or upset. Sad I was just trying to explain why people do not like tramping.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics